ten days left (!?) (1 Viewer)

vishnay

God
HSC
Oh wow yeah depending on what school you go to, some teachers can be really tough markers. Especially the school I went to (I won't say for privacy reasons), it seemed as if our teachers were reluctant to give 20s and 19s for some reason. But don't worry ... if your friend's results tell you anything, it's that HSC markers generally tend to give higher marks than internal teachers will.
nah but fr how dumb do u have to be to give such bad marks to a student who is clearly state-ranking level and give better marks to people who just werent

this wasnt a case of a student working their ass off just for the hsc exam - he worked his ass off for all his assessments and just got scammed internally

internal marking can be tough but the purpose of internals is to rank the cohort effectively and clearly the teachers were on smth when they were marking bc they were REALLY unable to tell the difference between really good and bad

icycledough

HSC
nah but fr how dumb do u have to be to give such bad marks to a student who is clearly state-ranking level and give better marks to people who just werent

this wasnt a case of a student working their ass off just for the hsc exam - he worked his ass off for all his assessments and just got scammed internally

internal marking can be tough but the purpose of internals is to rank the cohort effectively and clearly the teachers were on smth when they were marking bc they were REALLY unable to tell the difference between really good and bad
Exactly what you said about internals separating students and giving them ranks ... however, because of how internal marks are moderated, internal marks which are relatively lower compared to very high external marks will be moderated against your grade (of course, your external mark remains with you and that won't change). So it isn't the end of the world.

vishnay

God
HSC
Exactly what you said about internals separating students and giving them ranks ... however, because of how internal marks are moderated, internal marks which are relatively lower compared to very high external marks will be moderated against your grade (of course, your external mark remains with you and that won't change). So it isn't the end of the world.
yeah ig

kinda wanna see what happens to hsc marks this yr after trials cancelled making internals more ineffective across the state

i suspect there wont be a huge difference but only time will tell

mikrokosmos

HSC
Can I ask what it's like doing X2 English? I like the idea of the major work (have written a children's novel and a screenplay before), but I wasn't sure how time consuming it would be, especially considering my other subjects.
hey!! if you organise your time well and since you're experienced you should be fine!! i have a friend who writes poetry a lot and shes alr finished her MW so shes chilling now

mikrokosmos

HSC
personally, i think MW marking won't be too subjective. they have good notes from the marking centre and as long as you can back up what you've done, there's good reasoning behind everything, and its not 'basic' I think it's fine! plus it gets double marked...idk tho I'm knocking on wood for safe measure HAHAH

may22

HSC
hey!! if you organise your time well and since you're experienced you should be fine!! i have a friend who writes poetry a lot and shes alr finished her MW so shes chilling now
haha, I think it's probably more a matter of not having this 'time' you speak of in the first place lol

mikrokosmos

HSC
Its more than just making a major work. quite a bit of work to do well.
there's a critical study (dunno if that's what its called, you gotta read a lot of stuff and reflect or smth) which is pretty crazy lol.
Not too bad! It's the literature review, I didn't do well bc of personal circumstances (I got 16/20 but ranked 12/19) and did it on the day it was due so I'm so upset with that as it brought my rank down. Although I came 4th for the final task I got pulled down to rank 9 so heartbroken over that

may22

HSC
Not too bad! It's the literature review, I didn't do well bc of personal circumstances (I got 16/20 but ranked 12/19) and did it on the day it was due so I'm so upset with that as it brought my rank down. Although I came 4th for the final task I got pulled down to rank 9 so heartbroken over that
Ooh that sucks :( I hope you get a great mark for your MW

President KK

HSC
there is 19 doing X2! wow!
I echo you i got 66% for the via voche 1/3 65 for the lit review) all same mark then 55% for reflection ( :( ) went too 2/3 on 61% overall rn

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
there is 19 doing X2! wow!
I echo you i got 66% for the via voche 1/3 65 for the lit review) all same mark then 55% for reflection ( :( ) went too 2/3 on 61% overall rn
I'm sitting at 85% overall and ranking at 2/5, but I have major concerns about how I'm going to go externally, given I've only done a mediocre amount of my Reflection Statement & still have excess editing and cutting down to do on the Major Work itself. Big eeek. Looking forward to being done with the course though...

President KK

HSC
I'm sitting at 85% overall and ranking at 2/5, but I have major concerns about how I'm going to go externally, given I've only done a mediocre amount of my Reflection Statement & still have excess editing and cutting down to do on the Major Work itself. Big eeek. Looking forward to being done with the course though...
Great work on the internal! (if all goes well i scale up to that :D ) Im confident on the external the body of work i think went great, just waiting for feedback as ive got to cut 600 words... higlighted a few weak arguments for the chop and see from there. The reflection idk man its a mix of my lit review and task 3 cant wait to be over tbh

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
Great work on the internal! (if all goes well i scale up to that :D ) Im confident on the external the body of work i think went great, just waiting for feedback as ive got to cut 600 words... higlighted a few weak arguments for the chop and see from there. The reflection idk man its a mix of my lit review and task 3 cant wait to be over tbh
The Extension 2 side tasks, i.e. Viva, LR, Critique & Reflection is literally just cumulative rehashing. I constantly feel like I'm just regurgitating the same fluff and adding some generic retrospection. Most annoying element of the course no doubt.

President KK

HSC
The Extension 2 side tasks, i.e. Viva, LR, Critique & Reflection is literally just cumulative rehashing. I constantly feel like I'm just regurgitating the same fluff and adding some generic retrospection. Most annoying element of the course no doubt.
My class found it hard if we even answered the questions tbh for the second and 3rd tasks i thought it was talking about how we arrived at our work we have C here is A and B and why we got there but its quite subjective and yea

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
My class found it hard if we even answered the questions tbh for the second and 3rd tasks i thought it was talking about how we arrived at our work we have C here is A and B and why we got there but its quite subjective and yea
Lmao yeah. Being the serial procrastinator that I am and obviously trailing behind where I really should've been at the Critique point, I had to make some BS up about how I was 'wrapping up' my MW, when was in actuality miles from that stage.

President KK

HSC
Lmao yeah. Being the serial procrastinator that I am and obviously trailing behind where I really should've been at the Critique point, I had to make some BS up about how I was 'wrapping up' my MW, when was in actuality miles from that stage.
we have all been there lol !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)