[TENNIS] The Championships, Wimbledon - 2013 GENTLEMEN EDITION (1 Viewer)

Your favourite to win Wimbledon 2013?

• N. Djokovic [the reigning AO champion]

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • A. Murray [the reigning USO champion]

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • R. Federer [the DEFENDING champion, greatest on grass]

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • D. Ferrer [the supreme defender]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • R. Nadal [the GOD of CLAY]

• J. Tsonga [Serve 'N' Volleyer, supreme athleticism]

• T. Berdych [the BIG HITTER]

• J. DEL POTRO [the 2009 USO CHAMPION]

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • LUKAS ROSOL [the NADAL slayer]

• Other (i.e. who obviously has no chance)

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
holy shit. exactly the same here. I dislike nole for some reason I don't know why - seems like a great guy though.
^ This is probably why.

I don't like Novak for this sole reason:
- Preventing Federer from meeting Nadal at the USO10 and USO11. (FEDAL has never met at the USO)

In USO11, Federer CHOKED 2 match-points held against Novak. Then eventually after saving MPs, Novak would go on winning.
In USO10, Roger also choked match-points.

he deserved to win that match, but perhaps not the whole tournament if that makes any sense.
Exactly this
Probably because he faced no top 10 seeds at all before the final.

Highest seeds faced was Janowicz in the semis.... seed number 24... and Youzhny in the 4th round.... seed number 20....

He faced an unseeded Fernando Verdasco in the quarters (who took him to 5 sets).

Meanwhile Djokovic had to face nightmare players --> Haas (who's beaten him at Wimbledon before), Berdych (who's beaten him at Wimbledon before) and getting pushed to 5 sets by Del Potro in the semis... Where Berdych + Delpo are both top 10 players.... Delpo was playing at a top 5 level at least.....

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
^ This is probably why.

- Preventing Federer from meeting Nadal at the USO10 and USO11. (FEDAL has never met at the USO)

In USO11, Federer CHOKED 2 match-points held against Novak. Then eventually after saving MPs, Novak would go on winning.

Highest seeds faced was Janowicz in the semis.... seed number 24... and Youzhny in the 4th round.... seed number 20....

He faced an unseeded Fernando Verdasco in the quarters (who took him to 5 sets).

Meanwhile Djokovic had to face nightmare players --> Haas (who's beaten him at Wimbledon before), Berdych (who's beaten him at Wimbledon before) and getting pushed to 5 sets by Del Potro in the semis... Where Berdych + Delpo are both top 10 players.... Delpo was playing at a top 5 level at least.....
as always you speak the truth, 100% agree with everything you just said, murray's road to the finals were much easier

RishBonjour

HSC
^ This is probably why.

True. Mine is more about loyalty towards federer haha. Just don't like seeing him lose (except against Nadal)- I was in disbelief the first time he got fucked over by novak in Aus open (2008)
But clearly times have changed - Murray and djokovic have improved dramatically. (From being equal to players like tsonga IMO)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
True. Mine is more about loyalty towards federer haha. Just don't like seeing him lose (except against Nadal)- I was in disbelief the first time he got fucked over by novak in Aus open (2008)
But clearly times have changed - Murray and djokovic have improved dramatically. (From being equal to players like tsonga IMO)
well tbh, Tsonga was never in the league of Murray + Djokovic in terms of consistency.

Djokovic has been a top 3/top 4 player consistently for the past many so years.

Of course, after the breakthrough in 2011... he became the best player of recent times...

Before winning USO12, Murray won many masters 1000 titles whereas Tsonga only has 1 iirc.

But yeah the times are changing and feeling worried about Roger's future (the time he has left at the top). When he retires, it'll be pretty sad :(

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
well tbh, Tsonga was never in the league of Murray + Djokovic in terms of consistency.

Djokovic has been a top 3/top 4 player consistently for the past many so years.

Of course, after the breakthrough in 2011... he became the best player of recent times...

Before winning USO12, Murray won many masters 1000 titles whereas Tsonga only has 1 iirc.

But yeah the times are changing and feeling worried about Roger's future (the time he has left at the top). When he retires, it'll be pretty sad :(
Roger has also accepted WCs for Gstaad and Hamburg, respectively 250 and 500 clay tournaments which is quite unusual considering a player of his calibre would be preparing for the NA hardcourt season (defending Cincinatti masters title where Djokovic and now Murray would be primed). Hamburg> Gstaad> Rogers Cup> Cincinatti - That is 4 tournaments in 5 weeks. I personally think he is scrambling for more points in order to maintain his position in the ATP race rankings which is a concern for Federer

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Roger has also accepted WCs for Gstaad and Hamburg, respectively 250 and 500 clay tournaments which is quite unusual considering a player of his calibre would be preparing for the NA hardcourt season (defending Cincinatti masters title where Djokovic and now Murray would be primed). Hamburg> Gstaad> Rogers Cup> Cincinatti - That is 4 tournaments in 5 weeks. I personally think he is scrambling for more points in order to maintain his position in the ATP race rankings which is a concern for Federer
He definitely needs more points due to the Wimbledon early exit.

But I'm scared he'll burn out.

He's currently 6th in the race to London (5th in normal rankings) and if he keeps playing bad, he can only go down even further.

Now that he's 5th, this means he could meet either Djokovic, Murray or Nadal in the quarter-finals of slams like the upcoming USO....

Tough times ahead.

EDIT:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)