Tension between individual and collective human experience (1 Viewer)

bubbletea4lyfe

HSC
What does it mean when a question asks for "tension between the individual and collective human experience?
It would be great if there is an example provided with the text Nineteen Eighty-Four.
Thanks! :D

Greninja340

HSC
What does it mean when a question asks for "tension between the individual and collective human experience?
It would be great if there is an example provided with the text Nineteen Eighty-Four.
Thanks! :D
That question seems pretty aids, but i guess it is asking what happens when individual and collective experiences conflict for each other. E.g. In the two minutes hate Winston is against the party's ideals and somewhat identifies with Goldstein, however when the Two Minutes hate starts "he chanted with the rest, it was impossible to do so otherwise” despite the fact that "Winston’s entrails began to grow cold". This highlights how how individual inconsistencies can lose their individuality due to their desire to conform to society's collective human experiences and behaviours.

Kyufruit

HSC
I’m doing a very similar statement for mine (but I’m doing the prescribed text Billy Elliot). ill send it to you when I’m done so you can get an idea

(if you want)

Reign21

HSC
I’m doing a very similar statement for mine (but I’m doing the prescribed text Billy Elliot). ill send it to you when I’m done so you can get an idea

(if you want)
omg omg i know this is a bit outdated, but could you send me your Billy Elliot assessment by any chance? Im doing the exact same text right now 🙏

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)