Term 2 Workplace Assessment help.. (1 Viewer)

_BaadShah_

HSC
hey there guys&girls..

Well, i need help with my legal assessment i got last week.
Here it is:

Research and report on "Negotiating Improvements to Working Conditions in NSW"

Your report must include:
**Outline the avenues currently available, and those proposed by the Federal Government, to seek improvements in wages and other working conditions
(( I know 1 i fink , John Howard wants the IRCs to have less power by bringing in a new legislation.. i need more, could people give me other propositions,etc by providing links to where they got the info from, or where i can get the info from))

**Explain the role of employer and employee organisations in these negotiations
((i don't really know much about this 1, taskbook has some info, but i need more, could people with the samething as 1st dot pnt provide me with info and where they got d info from please))

**Comment on the extent to which the legal system ensures the rights of both employees and exmployers in the process
(( this is the effectiveness part, samething with above dot pnts, need more info and where i can get the extra info from))

** Express your opinion about the fairness of the system, including proposed changes.
(( this 1 is basicly my own evaluation, but i need help as in how i should write it, what i should talk abt, etc))

And also, with the above dot pnts, if there is any case studies, media reports, documents or opinions(by politician) would really help aswell..Since i don't have any.

Please guys&gurls i need help.. Really appreciate if people can spare sometime to help ..

cheers, ash

Lorie

HSC
Both the federal and state governments have different legislation and structures in regard to industrial relations, which limits the effectiveness due to inconsistency and conflict between the two systems. The federal industrial legislation is the Workplace relations Act 1996 (cth), which takes into affect any dispute between two or more states. It is a decentralised system with individual bargaining between employees and employers, with awards being the minium conditions. For Australian Workplace Agreement to come into affect it is only allowed to include 20 ‘allowable matters’, such as sick leave, superannuation etc. and mast pass the ‘no disadvantage test’. The ARIC has power only in relation to allowable matters in awards.

The state system is slightly different in comparison. It is governed by the Industrial Relations Act 1996, and does not require a trans border dispute to come into affect. It is a centralised system with collective bargaining. For an enterprise agreement to come into affect it must pass the ‘no net detriment test’. The NSW IRC has the power to make, vary and update awards and vet all enterprise agreements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)