Term 4 07/08 Jap Extension. (1 Viewer)

nandayo

ismist
HSC
Definitely thinking about it...did Continuers this year, have my HSC next year...considering studying Jap at Uni so it's probably a good idea. But it'll be a one-person class, and I'm not sure if I get an average mark for Continuers this year, whether I'll be discouraged on taking up Extension. I guess I should do it if I love it, rather than because I didn't get some amazing mark. Who knows, still have 80 marks left.

Others?

nandayo

ismist
HSC
Bleurgh, just found out that my school can't offer it and I'd have to do it via. Open High...which, after my experiences with distance ed this year...am not really happy to do.

Don't think I'm going to do it. It isn't that much of a disadvantage if you haven't done it before uni anyway...my Jap teachers wife is a simultaneous interpreter in Japanese and didn't study it at high school..

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
i say if you're averaging around 80-85+ in continuers than you'd be able to do extension.
it helps you with continuers.
i was coming like 6th or something last year i don't even remember but now that i've done extension i've gone to 3rd and now i don't even bother doing continuers homework anymore.
do extension. がんばって!!

kkewi90

MUAHAHHAHAA~~
HSC
Do extension! =] it may be challenging at first but it will get easier coz there's really not much to do. it will also make continuers writing become a piece of cake coz you'll be used to writing 600ji rather than 300ji

kubi

HSC
kkewi90 said:
Do extension! =] it may be challenging at first but it will get easier coz there's really not much to do. it will also make continuers writing become a piece of cake coz you'll be used to writing 600ji rather than 300ji
yeah that's what im thinkin~~
im considering of doing ext...but dont know if it'll be too ahrd for me...
but it does seems easier than the continuers course in some way.....
i'm gonna try for a month or so...if i cant handle it...ill just drop it =]

kkewi90

MUAHAHHAHAA~~
HSC
kubi said:
yeah that's what im thinkin~~
im considering of doing ext...but dont know if it'll be too ahrd for me...
but it does seems easier than the continuers course in some way.....
i'm gonna try for a month or so...if i cant handle it...ill just drop it =]
*gasps* kubi is so cute, dont you just love kubi???

In the beginning extension may seem hard coz of the looong writing tasks but it will eventually get easier. I think you should try for for more than a month before deciding whether or not you're gonna drop it

nandayo

ismist
HSC
I finish the Continuers course this year, do you think that would be much of an advantage in doing Extension next year? Would it be not nearly as much work considering it'd be just one unit of Jap for me?

Gabcom

HSC
I think I'll be trying out Extension but I'm really doubtful of it, especially after the last prelim exam where I got a 63% : (
Average for our small class was 65% though, so I'd say it was quite a difficult exam.
I usually get around the 70's and been thinking some intense Japanese study throughout the year would enable me to do well in extension, but the more I find out the more I'm doubtful. Especially after zangetsu.xo's last post.
What do you guys think?
I'm planning to do what kubi is doing, but with these marks : |

summerain

HSC
i'm doing extension and i'm finding it pretty hard even though i'm doing well in continuers. my continuers essays are already 600ji as well because of my practice in ext but its still uber hard to write that much in exam conditions. the depth in your answers is so much more like english ext than continuers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)