Term1 year 11 assessment (1 Viewer)

Tiki Taka

HSC
This is my first assessment for year 11. How do you think it’s best to approach this assessment?

should I first write up the response to the questions and include this in the documentary or should get the interviewees to have there response already with a script?

can I get the answers straight from the text book and class notes?

Any suggestions would be great or if someone has done something similar if they can send through.

Attachments

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Having interviewees playing a role within a documentary is not uncommon. If you intend to have actors participate in your documentary, you could treat each of them as a business professional (for instance, Jimmy - CEO of Jimmypedia), each of whom will deliver their insight regarding the main two questions of your assignment. Of course, this means that you will need to prepare responses for them to deliver. Since you are assuming the role of a reporter in your documentary, you can introduce the topic of your documentary in addition to the SME that your documentary will explore. Subsequently, you can introduce the interviewees who can then provide their insight (i.e. the relevant information required to respond to the questions within your assignment).

Using a textbook and/or your own notes can be done to explain relevant Business Studies content. You will then need to explain how this content applies to the specific SME that you have researched with respect to the questions within your assignment.

Since this assignment focuses on the Nature of Business topic, the following applies to your assessment task:
  • types of businesses
    • classification of business
      • size – small to medium enterprises (SMEs), large
  • influences in the business environment
    • external influences – economic, financial, geographic, social, legal, political, institutional, technological, competitive situation, markets
    • internal influences – products, location, resources, management and business culture
    • stakeholders
I hope this helps! :D

HSC
This is my first assessment for year 11. How do you think it’s best to approach this assessment?

should I first write up the response to the questions and include this in the documentary or should get the interviewees to have there response already with a script?

can I get the answers straight from the text book and class notes?

Any suggestions would be great or if someone has done something similar if they can send through.
Try and fulfil the assessment brief and the marking criteria. Look at what they're asking in the brief and if you're comfortable, ask your teacher questions about the assessment. Try and use your textbook for answers while still linking it to your assessment task.

This may not be the best advice I can give you since I am not doing Business studies.

5uckerberg

HSC
Having interviewees playing a role within a documentary is not uncommon. If you intend to have actors participate in your documentary, you could treat each of them as a business professional (for instance, Jimmy - CEO of Jimmypedia), each of whom will deliver their insight regarding the main two questions of your assignment. Of course, this means that you will need to prepare responses for them to deliver. Since you are assuming the role of a reporter in your documentary, you can introduce the topic of your documentary in addition to the SME that your documentary will explore. Subsequently, you can introduce the interviewees who can then provide their insight (i.e. the relevant information required to respond to the questions within your assignment).

Using a textbook and/or your own notes can be done to explain relevant Business Studies content. You will then need to explain how this content applies to the specific SME that you have researched with respect to the questions within your assignment.

Since this assignment focuses on the Nature of Business topic, the following applies to your assessment task:
  • types of businesses
    • external influences – economic, financial, geographic, social, legal, political, institutional, technological, competitive situation, markets
    • internal influences – products, location, resources, management and business culture
    • stakeholders
I think here somewhere along your journey you have to apply SWOT analysis which is very useful in all aspects of life.

Tiki Taka

HSC

• types of businesses
    • stakeholders

• types of businesses
    • stakeholders
Thank you for the advise. I will focus on the nature of business topic. As the task also emphasis the impact of Covid should this be included as a separate section or included throughout the questions in the interview as Covid will impact the business environment for external, internal and stakeholders

Tiki Taka

HSC
Try and fulfil the assessment brief and the marking criteria. Look at what they're asking in the brief and if you're comfortable, ask your teacher questions about the assessment. Try and use your textbook for answers while still linking it to your assessment task.

This may not be the best advice I can give you since I am not doing Business studies.
Thanks for the advice. We have 2 periods that we can prepare in class. I will then ask my teacher for help

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you for the advise. I will focus on the nature of business topic. As the task also emphasis the impact of Covid should this be included as a separate section or included throughout the questions in the interview as Covid will impact the business environment for external, internal and stakeholders
No worries. You have the choice of either discussing the impact of COVID-19 in a separate section or making reference to the impact of COVID-19 throughout the questions in the interview. I believe the second option is better since you will be able to specifically link the impact of COVID-19 to the relevant Business Studies content and the question. There are several ideas that you could cover, such as:
  • Regarding external influences, you may state that COVID-19 has led to worldwide economic downturn, which has in turn negatively impacted the business that you have researched financially.
  • Regarding stakeholders, you may state that due to the lockdown(s) resulting from COVID-19, there was a safety concern in terms of customers. You may add that COVID-19 has caused a detriment to the pay and work conditions of a number of employees, the provision of a safe working environment became a concern and, their access to adequate training and development was also affected. Subsequently, you can link this back to customers by stating that the circumstances surrounding employees as a result of COVID-19 has impacted the quality of the goods and services that customers receive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)