• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Terrorism (1 Viewer)

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
nichhhole said:
dependant on where you're viewing the information.. as expected..
the media shifts it depending on the country you're in [and which POV you're receiving..]

people of Middle eastern descent living in western countries often feel as if they're negatively portrayed in the media...
which is true, yes..
but here in western countries the masses are able to access alternative media sources if they so wish and thus can decipher the truth behind mass medias bias portrayal of the events..

in alot of middle eastern/ developing countries.. [which are largely the countries from which the terrorists arise... and these countries are often under developed, and not financially all that strong..(its a known fact that terrorism is generally an act of desperation by people from poverty stricken coutnries with no other means..),...
because of the poverty of these countries, the citizens are susceptible to indocrination etc.. [resultant in large number of fundamentalists etc..].. and thus the terrorits...

anyway [sorry off the track.. its 1.30am arh!]
so these people are poor [argh took 18391283 lines to say that....] and thus dont have any alternative media sources /the countries are so censored that they allow any... that the poeple only receive the governments Point of view...
ie. that is all the westeners 'fault' etc...

so perhaps, while it is true that middle eastern people are portrayed negatively in western society... at least here this image is somewhat counteracted by other images that seep through through alternative media sources...we get a larger picture..

westeners should be the ones feeling hard done by.. we're portrayed completely negatively in middleeastern coutnries etc.. there are no alternative media sources to present a varying perspective of us and our culture.
Very true but, sometimes there's images that don't ever reach any form of media, alternative or mainstream. Mainstream media, here in western countries, are dominant in the sense that they are respected and are considered to be correct in its opinion. If you compare FOX, a supporter of Israel/Zionism to Al Jazeera, FOX is clearly dominant in all apsects as a media.

Besides, you're forgetting about Al Jazeera, thats the middle east's equivalent to alternative media. A lot of the governments in the middle east want Al Jazeera shut down, as they don't provide the kind of biased opinion that a lot of Govt. censored media has. :)

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
S1M0 said:
Very true but, sometimes there's images that don't ever reach any form of media, alternative or mainstream. Mainstream media, here in western countries, are dominant in the sense that they are respected and are considered to be correct in its opinion.

uh huh..
thats true..
but i believe that alot of people are aware of the distorted images that the media portrays.. hence shows like ABC's Media watch etc..
and also...
i think Australia's great bc we do have people like u who do keep themselves as up to date as possible with middle eastern affairs, thus providing another avenue for us to gain alternate views...

:)

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
nichhhole said:
uh huh..
thats true..
but i believe that alot of people are aware of the distorted images that the media portrays.. hence shows like ABC's Media watch etc..
and also...
i think Australia's great bc we do have people like u who do keep themselves as up to date as possible with middle eastern affairs, thus providing another avenue for us to gain alternate views...

:)
Very true, then again you have people who have an opinion, similar, if not identical, to the biased opinion that western media giants often portray.

But its great that people nowadays take everything they hear with a grain of salt, i know i do.

jimmayyy

HSC
its only terrorism if you are not white/have a big nose/swarthy apperance/manner of towel on your head

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
S1M0 said:
But its great that people nowadays take everything they hear with a grain of salt, i know i do.

actually, its just you and a few others. People these days are completly brain washed with what they hear and see in the media. They hear something on t.v, and the next day they're out repeating what they saw like zombies, regardless to whether what they saw is true or not.

Last edited:

xXeMoxXxCoRexX

you can't be half as emo
on a grassy knoll, overlooking the dregs of the lu
HSC
MaNiElla said:
actually, its just you and a few others. People these days are completly brain washed with what they hear and see in the media. They hear something on t.v, and the next day they're out repeating what they saw like zombies, regardless to whether what they saw is true or not.
This little gem in particular has been repeated thousands of times on this forum.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
xXeMoxXxCoRexX said:
This little gem in particular has been repeated thousands of times on this forum.
yet people never seem to learn.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)