Test and compare your internet speed (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Wow Australia is very laggy in comparison to other countries then...
I thought my Bigpond Ultimate in Australia was reasonably priced at $80/mth for 80gb with constant speeds of 110Mbps/2.26Mbps.

... over here, I pay SGD44/mth (about $41) for the mid-range plan which is 300Mbps both ways with unlimited usage (home plans don't include a limit anyway), as well as basic cable TV (pretty rubbish but at least it's digital so no poor signal) and telephone with unlimited local calls. An extra $10/mth would have gotten me 1Gbps. They even have a plan with 1Gbps+100Mbps so you can get two outlets in your house and two routers so you never miss out on wifi!

But before anyone gets too excited at the prospect of watching a certain type of entertainment- the internet here is censored.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
With my wifi not working on my work laptop at home I thought it was a good time to try using the trusty old ethernet cable.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Thought I'd try plugging my Surface 3 directly into my router as I bought a USB to Ethernet adaptor so I could upgrade the firmware on an old router.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Meanwhile

It's much worse when the whole apartment's awake

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Can't justify upgrading any further when I use Wireless AC usually and the only thing which would really benefit is streaming from Netflix which is done through a VPN which is <10Mbps :(
Singapore doenst have Netflix

or because Netflix US have like +7K of movies ?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Singapore doenst have Netflix

or because Netflix US have like +7K of movies ?
Both.

Like I said it's such a shame we have high speed internet here but there's both limited internet content services here and everything goes through government filters/screening/monitoring (oh, and Dallas Buyers Club in Singapore had a very different outcome to Australia).

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Both.

Like I said it's such a shame we have high speed internet here but there's both limited internet content services here and everything goes through government filters/screening/monitoring (oh, and Dallas Buyers Club in Singapore had a very different outcome to Australia).
F33lz.

I just discovered Netflix and I am like "Where have u been all my life"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkp

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
F33lz.

I just discovered Netflix and I am like "Where have u been all my life"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkp
I got my VPN working through my second wifi router (so now I have four wireless networks in my apartment) but now am debating whether or not I should even bother with running network cables from my Apple TV to my second router given Wireless N from the Apple TV would still be overkill given my current VPN speeds.

(and to think I actually messaged my ISP today asking how much it would be to upgrade from my meagre 300Mbps to 1Gbps... I should caveat that my HK based P2P VPN server returns much better speeds closer to 50Mbps)

astroman

HSC
it's so frustrating, any ideas on how to fix it, how are other ppl in this thread getting 100mb+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)