Test notification to short? (1 Viewer)

Amigu

HSC
Hey guys.

Our school rescheduled an exam that was announced for week 10 in our assesment booklet into week 9 and told us 12 days in advanced. I complained because the booklet says we must be notified atleast 2 weeks in advanced (which in my oppinion would be 14 days) but the deputy principle said that that refers to 2 school weeks (which would only be 10 days).

Is this true? Because the booklet doesn't specify whether it refers to school weeks or plain weeks.

Thanks.

HSC
We never had that happen to us technically...we had assessment blocks and they gave us on the actual assessment and the content in it less than ten days notice but since we already knew the assessment blocks were coming up that was technically the notification.

No offence...its not worth worrying about. 12 days is still plenty of time. Oh, and don't complain. If you complain, you *might* be able to postpone the assessment. In the unlikely case you are successful, next test they will make it heaps hard for you and you will regret it. Teachers dont take too kindly to slight technicalities....

meomeo

HSC
Make a formal complaint, if they try to include weekends in their count they're cheating D< I hate it when they don't follow the rules.

Get your mum and all your second cousins in there to fill up their lobby until the matter has been resolved.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I really don't think it's that big a deal, the 2 weeks notification generally does refer to 10 school days, and 12 days is almost a full two weeks anyway so you're pretty lucky. Would 2 more days really make that big a difference? It's not worth kicking up a big stink about it

meomeo

HSC
it is so worth making a fuss D: the school gives a big 0 on your work if it's two days late.
If students have to follow the rules so does the school.

HSC
meomeo said:
Make a formal complaint, if they try to include weekends in their count they're cheating D< I hate it when they don't follow the rules.

Get your mum and all your second cousins in there to fill up their lobby until the matter has been resolved.
Yeah, ok do that. Then have it changed. Then you will find next time they will be careful to do it within 14 days and then the next notification will give you less clues as to what will be in the examination or they will make the next exam harder. Very helpful.

Honestly just roll with the punches, everyone is in the same boat. two days isn't going to make any difference, everyone will be cramming in the last two days anyway...focus your energies into the task at hand rather than technicalities...

it is so worth making a fuss D: the school gives a big 0 on your work if it's two days late.
If students have to follow the rules so does the school.
You won't be handing it in two days late you will hand it in when they tell you to hand it in.

Last edited:

meomeo

HSC
Everyone's in the same boat, D: but you need your two weeks notification.
Even two days short can seriously screw up your study plan...

< <;;; not that I have a study plan I usually like to cram the night before, but that doesn't givve the school any right to take that time away.

D: It's the principle of the matter!

I like apples too : D

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Come on, it's just two days. You can't get *that* much more preparation, anyhow. If you've really done your stuff well over the time, instead of planning to cram in the last few weeks, the two days shouldn't be a worry :)

Season

HSC
12 days in ages, That's more then enough time to prepare for an exam. Why kick up a fuss over something so small? If they rescheduled with only 2 days warning then I'd be worried but 12 is ages.

You might be in the right, but what will you gain by complaining? I seriously doubt they'd change it again, they probably had a good reason for changing it and some kid whinging about it won't make them very happy.

Redbeard

HSC
12 days is heaps when you consider that we were told about one of our assessments just four days before it. Luckily for us though that we complained and it got pushed back a bit.

cl3nta

HSC
yeh my school is retarded in informing us about assessments. Stop whining and start grinding :)

Evergreen

HSC
its only 2 days, geez. my class was notified of a chem exam a WEEK before and its supposed to be 2 weeks before. seriously, 12 days is enough to prepare for an exam, and everyone will be in the same boat as you so in the end it wont matter.

Amigu

HSC
Well the thing is that it would be moved from a friday to a monday which would give me a whole weekend of uninterupted time to get my essay ready. I do feel a bit cheated because our English department is pretty bloody useless.

This is right in a faze where we are getting loads of assesments anyway and we already have an english assesment this week. The only reason I can see which explains why they crammed them together that closely is because the teachers don't want to have to correct stuff during the holidays.

We had an incident at school which meant there was a day off. The head teacher is claiming that that's why we weren't informed earlier but it's a joke because the day off was on thursday and they notified us the next week monday. Instead of informing us all on friday they changed it to without telling us.

I'm really just angry at the incompitence of the english department at our school and would like to take a stand just because of that but I already complained today and was desmissed so I'm not going to push he issue.
It's not like I can't prepare nicely anyway.

What really annoyed me though is that all the English teachers were having a moan about me complaining and claiming that I was making excuses for why I wouldn' get good marks which is such rubbish. I got great marks in my last exam and plan do to so again but if I can get an extra weekend of study then I'll do that, especially if the department is being useless.

vorahk

HSC
we only got our "revised" timetable this week and the exams are next week.

then they cancelled one of the English speech days AFTER the "revised" timeable was issued. man my school is so orgnaised.

IceOnFire

HSC
Lols if this happens people will usually start complaining and shouting at the teacher straight away.

And then we win through our pure persuasion skills. :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I can see your point but in the long run it could come to cause tension and a bit of angry from the english department towards you and that is certainly something you don't want. Bite the bullet and show them what you can do, good luck. :)

HSC
pritnep said:
I can see your point but in the long run it could come to cause tension and a bit of angry from the english department towards you and that is certainly something you don't want. Bite the bullet and show them what you can do, good luck. :)
Anger from English department is not good. Next time they might give you an extremely tough question (a more specific one) with the notification on time but telling you absolutely nothing. It'd make you wish you didn't complain about the last assessment. It happened to the year above me. It's not worth the risk, just deal with it, you're in the same boat as everyone in your school anyway (which is all that matters)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)