Text books enough (1 Viewer)

ar3nbe

HSC
Thanks for taking time to read this. I currently own both a Jackranda Business studies in action text book, aswell as a Longman Business Studies. Do you think the combination of these two books is enough for the demanding course of business studies, or should maybe i invert in another resource (money is not a problem)?

Also, i am looking into getting the Leading Edge model answer series, do you think these 5 books are worth the investment ?

Thankyou for your help

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
leading edge is excellent

i use longman business studies and the excel

umm i think a book with the syllabus and a study guide is sufficient

its not the books that get you the marks

pungpui

HSC
gosh seriously dont go and buy 50 books for a subject! especially business studies coz its pretty much all the same. there is far too much content to cover and trust me, you WILL not have time to read it all.

seriously the school provided me with 1 which i hardly used, i bought the excel one (the shittest thing i've ever seen and never touched it) and i got high band 6 for it. you need to LEARN and develop your business report writing skills, something which the textbook cant help you with!

manifestation

What?!
HSC
ar3nbe said:
Thanks for taking time to read this. I currently own both a Jackranda Business studies in action text book, aswell as a Longman Business Studies. Do you think the combination of these two books is enough for the demanding course of business studies, or should maybe i invert in another resource (money is not a problem)?

Also, i am looking into getting the Leading Edge model answer series, do you think these 5 books are worth the investment ?

Thankyou for your help
Business studies is pretty much a text book subject and i think you dont really need more than a core text book plus past HSC exam papers. But then again it depends on how much your willing to read. Because most text books do cover the syllabus dot points, but some tend to go into too much detail. Like excel and longman are good i know that.

ciao

Lorie

HSC
i found the macquire text really good as a basic guide, and it also had practice questions.

don't bother getting the excel text and business studies in a month, i didn't get anything outta those.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
well business studies isnt really demanding, and your class notes will be a mroe valuable resource than anything
IMHO study guide, prettty much all of them are unneccesary, and the excel one is a load of crap.
just stick to your class notes and the longman textbook and youll go FINE!!

Kutay

University
HSC
IMO, just use the one you got from school that includes everything go by the sylabus they cant ask anything else other then whats on that and yeh practice past papers and mainly business reports !!!!! ;)

PakMan

HSC
The excel book shouldn't be persisted with. Just not enough information on what is required in the business studies syllabus. Any other textbook from school is good enough for revision.

syera

HSC
N/A
the leading edge textbook with its workbook is really effective. I also use the cambridge study guide along with the former two. Its a good combination because the leading edge textbook is really detailed, whilst cambridge is really good for revision and if you feel as though your behind, because its very concise (i use it whenever i need to catch up because i didnt listen in class). The leading edge workbook is great, because it helps you familiarise with a range of different questions (HSC style).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)