Text Titles in Essays (1 Viewer)

It's me!

HSC
Simple question What's the correct way to bring mention to a title of a novel, book, film, etc. in the body of an essay?

I remember being told once that there were two ways it could be correctly done but I just cannot remember. Help me out, please.

emca

HSC
underline titles of novels, inverted comma's for songs and poems but dont get too caught up in it all in exams the examiners dont care that much especially in standard english. if your submitting something like an analysis for extension then check out any sitethat expalins the "harvard system"

Season

HSC
I usually refer to it within the first two lines of the essay.

In Season is An Awesome Chick (2007), author Season transforms her wonderful personality into a story set in 1900, providing invaluable insights into how awesome she really is.

Definitely refer to all texts in the introduction, this part is absoltuely essential. From then on I usually refer to as the author's work ie "Season adapts ..." or "Season uses lyrical language ..." because it's shorter.

groovychacha

HSC
I know this is a different topic but does anyone know for Frontline- Telling the Truth - how do you differentiate between frontline the show by rob sitch et all and the frontline that is the television show hosted by mike moore in the actual show? i heard it is something like you underline one and use speech marks for the other but i forget, could someone clarify please? Thanks in advance

backstreet51

definitely maybe.
HSC
groovychacha said:
I know this is a different topic but does anyone know for Frontline- Telling the Truth - how do you differentiate between frontline the show by rob sitch et all and the frontline that is the television show hosted by mike moore in the actual show? i heard it is something like you underline one and use speech marks for the other but i forget, could someone clarify please? Thanks in advance
I'm not 100% sure, but I'd underline Frontline (Sitch et al) and put the fictional show in inverted commas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)