text type of half yearly eng exam (1 Viewer)

keropi

HSC
N/A
hey
this is a question directed at anyone who has already had their half yearlys for english....i was just wondering what text type you had to write your synthesis responses in? what text types can we expect for a response on transformations?....eg. news paper article, just an essay etc...thanks :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Our half yearly will basically be a Paper 1 that we'll be sitting in the final exams. We were told that it would be an essay for section III on the journeys. In the actual paper 1 though, I believe you could also be asked to write a feature article or speech instead of an essay.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
I just had my half-yearly, and my third part was a speech, where we had to debate either "for" or "against" the notion that journeys were always a form of learning. :(

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
we had our paper one this morning, question 3 was a speech. we had to speak to a group of library-goers about the importance of journeys and what they taught us about life experience. or something. i cant really remember right now. however tomorrow im fairly certain we're going to get a feature article *cries* which i am not looking forward to much, lol.

Brie-is-Me

HSC
Just got home from my half yearly eng, listening task, creative writing then it didnt specify so i'm assuming everyone just did essays.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Brie-is-Me said:
Just got home from my half yearly eng, listening task, creative writing then it didnt specify so i'm assuming everyone just did essays.
We have a listening task to, but it's gonna kill my overall mark as i am utterly hopeless with them, which is evident from the practice ones we have did. do you have any tips that can help me?! thanks.

biggie walls

HSC
Had my Eng 1/2 Yearly today aswell, ours was made up of AOS Reading, Feature Article - some open ended thing about Journeys resulting in rewards or something... and King Lear essay discuss why its relevant to modern audiences...

Personally I dont think we had enough time - 2hrs

My hand was killing me at the end, physically couldnt write...

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
I had to write an interview between Aldous Huxley of BNW and Ridley Scott, director of BR

MAN THAT SUCKED

s2indie

HSC
Our English exam was based on Paper 1 - Journeys
So we had a narrative for creative writing and an essay for our ER.
What we totally expected.

P

pLuvia

Mine was an essay and feature article, King Lear and AoS respectively

Brie-is-Me

HSC
Make yourself familiar with the questions before the tape starts so you know what you are listening for. Make notes while you are listening of all sorts of things that relate to your questions so you can refer to them later.

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
My half yearly will be creative writing and go for 40mins (changed from 1 hr) on friday. We've already been given a sheet with the 4 pictures or quotes to choose from. So i will be just memorising.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Wow, looks like everyone's had english today [except me]. Ironically, my english exam is on the last day of exams, I have no idea why they made it last.

taki999

HSC
^ haha..i had my english exam yesterday and it's the first exam. Economics always seem to be last for us, even in the HSC last year and the half yearlys ths year.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
English first... Maths last
makes sense, i guess

Dragie

HSC
For module A (I had In the wild) - we had to write a feature article examining the contexts of the two texts. My half yearly was the unseen text, AoS part of paper 1 and an extended response on Module A.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)