textbook and/or study guide? (1 Viewer)

muzeikchun852

HSC
i have just open this new thread see whether it is necessary to buy a textbook combine with a study guide. i have check out the price for those textbook i want (like conquering chemistry, jacaranda physics, etc) and all of them is like 50-70 bucks, comparing to a excel one for 30.

so do they have the same content? is it necessary to buy both of them? if i use it for study in exam, which one will be more useful?

hazza9

HSC
I would buy the study guides personally, most are very good

As for the textbooks borrow them from your school or town library for free; whenever you need them (i.e before exams etc) just take them home and copy (or photocopy) the important pages.

Also check ebay - often has cheap textbooks

K

khorne

What kind of books does the school give to you?

For physics, excel is very good. As for english, you might be better off borrowing study guides and making notes in the library.

blackforest

HSC
there are pdf versions of chem text books posted on BOS, like conq chem and chem contexts, so dont buy them.

excel study guides go into a fair bit of detail sometimes, theyre good for summary, but dont rely on them entirely. They do help though.

Personally, my school provides us with 2 text books for some subjects but I still get the study guides. If you dont understand something in one text book or study guide, other ones may help you. Also, one text book may be better at covering specific dot points than the other, but the other may be better at covering another dot point. Not one text book is perfect so you kinda have to sort them all out in the end.

Rage01

HSC
What texts are you doing for english?
I saw quite a few of the study guides I needed, like 'The 50th Gate', on google books so I'm sure you could easily find the english ones on net.
Chem has pdf ones on the net, should be the same for physics.
Maths you just need past paper books.

muzeikchun852

HSC
there are pdf versions of chem text books posted on BOS, like conq chem and chem contexts, so dont buy them.
I saw quite a few of the study guides I needed, like 'The 50th Gate', on google books so I'm sure you could easily find the english ones on net.

i really want to know where i can get it? can u give me the links?

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
yehh cld someone pls provide the links for the pdf versions that are on bos?

muzeikchun852

HSC
thanks!

can u give me the link for physics also, i had check the physics forum, but there isnt a post for the textbook.

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
thanks guys :)

just wondering... are there any answers to past HSC papers on the Board of Studies website?? Or any other website?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)