• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Textbook lists (1 Viewer)

absorber

HSC
I understand how to use the database to find the books prescribed/recommended for each one of my courses...But is there an actual list they'd give you? I'm not sure, for example, if I should buy a recommended text in addition to the prescribed one

Justina

HSC
No, they're not going to give you an actual list.
You might get a copy of the course outline though, and that usually tells you which textbooks are required for the course.

I wouldn't buy the recommended texts - barely anyone does (and for good reason). Half the time you don't even use the prescribed text very much.

calvintcq

HSC
No, they're not going to give you an actual list.
You might get a copy of the course outline though, and that usually tells you which textbooks are required for the course.

I wouldn't buy the recommended texts - barely anyone does (and for good reason). Half the time you don't even use the prescribed text very much.

they give you the list in the first lecture?

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
at the bookshop you go to the counter (the one just before the ramp) tell them the code and theyll give you a receipt looking things stating the textbooks.

dont buy the recommended ones, just prescribed.

Last edited:

Justina

HSC
they give you the list in the first lecture?
It's not a list. Each subject MAY (not always) give you a little booklet that's sort of like the syllabus for the course - has all the info you need to know, including what books you need.

absorber

HSC
Thanks guys...Should I wait until after my first lectures to purchase the books?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Buy prescribed textbooks only.

And as for tutorial work, buy them especially if they contain the questions you'll need to answer for each week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)