Textbook queries (1 Viewer)

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Hey there fellow UNSW-ers.

I was just browsing through the UNSW Textbook website and was searching up on what books I needed for this semester. I came across this weird terminology saying some books were "listed". What exactly does this mean and how is it different to "recommended". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also another query, some books are "recommended" but for my subjects there are about 5 of them. Would it be wise to get them just in case even though they would cost me over $400?

Thanks in advance!

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Hey there fellow UNSW-ers.

I was just browsing through the UNSW Textbook website and was searching up on what books I needed for this semester. I came across this weird terminology saying some books were "listed". What exactly does this mean and how is it different to "recommended". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also another query, some books are "recommended" but for my subjects there are about 5 of them. Would it be wise to get them just in case even though they would cost me over $400?

Thanks in advance!
Listed : Means you should have them

Recommended : you don't need them but if your a nerd then get them.

Justina

HSC
Quick question...Whats the difference between 'Introductory Mathematical Analysis for Business & students' (value pack) and 'Introductory Mathematical analysis for Business Economics' (prescribed) - both by Haeussler? I'm assuming the prescribed text is included in the 'value pack'?

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Quick question...Whats the difference between 'Introductory Mathematical Analysis for Business & students' (value pack) and 'Introductory Mathematical analysis for Business Economics' (prescribed) - both by Haeussler? I'm assuming the prescribed text is included in the 'value pack'?

yes, does anyone know?

Lavenderpup

HSC
If you get a 500 internal server error just keep refreshing. It'll turn up eventually

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Listed : Means you should have them

Recommended : you don't need them but if your a nerd then get them.
Thank you for the explanation Omium. So basically I'm assuming "Listed" would mean "Prescribed" in this case then??

If you get a 500 internal server error just keep refreshing. It'll turn up eventually
zomg I'm getting this error over and over again... why does the website have to be so user-unfriendly...

Last edited:

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
This happened to me when I was getting my psyc textbooks (waste of cash btw. You don't need textbooks for first year psyc). The value pack contains all the books with bonuses like 1 year subscription to the online textbook (so you can use it on your laptop instead of lugging it around). The prescribed is usually just the textbook. My psyc textbooks were also 'prescribed', but in hindsight, I reiterate, were useless but good reading if you were bored.

Thank you for the explanation Omium. So basically I'm assuming "Listed" would mean "Prescribed" in this case then??

zomg I'm getting this error over and over again... why does the website have to be so user-unfriendly...
The bookshop database appears to be badly managed. Tut tut tut...

Loz_metalhead

HSC
It wasn't working with firefox. It kept saying the list was unavailable.

I was able to access it using IE.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
I can access it fine from firefox.

~$250 bux only for textbooks this sem, could be a lot cheaper too if I can find second hands :D

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
yeh im buying none eh. one subject was 120*3 fuck that

SpoonSamba

HSC

was expecting it to be more, but still 2nd hand does sounds a lot better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)