Textbook (1 Viewer)

astroman

HSC
Jacardana is too in depth imo and goes beyond the syllabus in some aspects, I would recommend Physics in Focus, it's a great book and no its nothing like MIF, it sticks to the syllabus accurately and doesn't give too much or too little information.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
If you have a really good memory, Jacaranda is very good. It does go too far at times, but it has everything you need pretty much. Other good textbooks include In2Physics and Physics in Focus (they tend not to have as much depth as Jacaranda, but also don't go too far as often as Jacaranda). Use a combination of these textbooks imo. The Student's Guide to HSC Physics is also helpful.

PhysicsMaths

HSC
Throughout my HSC year I relied entirely on syllabus notes. Whilst there were some gaps in explanation that probably could be found in physics textbooks, I found it a much easier and convenient way to learn the syllabus whilst knowing what points are most relevant to score the marks

leehuan

HSC
Physics in focus gave me everything I need up until the option where I used Jacaranda more. And an assignment, where I referenced both textbooks.

It's a good thing physics in focus is nothing like MIF.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Physics in focus gave me everything I need up until the option where I used Jacaranda more. And an assignment, where I referenced both textbooks.

It's a good thing physics in focus is nothing like MIF.
So it seems like Physics in Focus is the way to go, thanks Lee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)