Textbooks for french? (1 Viewer)

Stargal

What text books or work books does everyone use for Yr 11 and 12 French Continuers?

chepas

HSC
Au point, Noir sur Blanc, A bon entendeur, random sheets from X...

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i used tapis volant, au point, noir sur blanc, c'est a toi and something that looked as interesting as a dictionary... was all grammer n things of non-interest to me, can't remember its name tho. And also various online texts and books that i found myself.

Stargal

I use Tapis Volant, Noir Sur Blanc and all these different books we use for listening. Is there any particular textbooks that are really good? Btw has any1 watched that Tv extr@ program with this american guy named Sam who's an exchange student in France?

chepas

HSC
Originally posted by Stargal
Btw has any1 watched that Tv extr@ program with this american guy named Sam who's an exchange student in France?
OMG That is so funny. I love it. That flat just looks so small and shite... if all Europe is like that I'd be slightly horrified! It's funny, they use the exact same flat and exact same guy for Extr@ German... it's fantastic!

Do you do French by Dist Ed stargal? Where, if... :)

Stargal

Dist Ed? lol sorry i have no idea wot that means. But yeh sam is soo funny! It was on evry tuesday for a couple wks on SBS tried to tape it but kept forgetting to set the VCR hehe

chepas

HSC
Distance Education :p - Noir Sur Blanc is the book specifically designed for it, so I just figured. hehe.

lol - forgetting to set the video doesn't seem very much of a significance, there wasn't much to forget in the first place! hehe.

ANYWAY - Revenons au sujet de ce 'thread'

Of those who said Tapis Volant is that the book for senior years? How is it? ANy different from Anwar, Marie-France, Alice Baker, Miriam from number 1 and 2? Good memories, there. :D

malkin86

HSC
We don't really use textbooks anymore, except for 'pas a pas' a grammar book which is so useful (and also out of print)

malkin86

HSC
that, or a past oral exam thing, or grammar stuff that we need refreshing on.. our french teacher has to teach us english grammar before he can teach us french grammar!

chepas

HSC
Originally posted by malkin86
our french teacher has to teach us english grammar before he can teach us french grammar!
Yeah that was the thing, we couldn't speak our OWN language properly, let alone figure out how a foreign one works!!! It was amazing, finding out how incorrectly we speak English...

How is it all going malkin? Hope what books and resources you're using still lets you progress and etc..

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Ya know what I hate about the whole grammar thing - the complicated (well, for me anyway...) terms they use for everything:

Auxiliary, compound past, conditional perfect
conjugation, future perfect, indefinite pronoun, imperfect subjunctive, intransitive verb, past participle, pluperfect, subjunctive, reflexive pronoun, transitive verb..... :chainsaw:

ARGH!!!!!!!!!

malkin86

HSC
It's going fine chepas, thankyou for your concern. My important thing that clashed with the oral exam has been fixed so that I can go to both, so that's good. :)
rant
Well, I think I'm learning more now, due to the loss of a noisy bludger from the class. :) The footy, certain celebrities' sexualities, current events, what they were doing in maths/english/geography... It would have been a true miracle if they could have talked about this stuff in French... /rant

And how is everyone else going?

the grammatical terms do get confusing, Hippy, especially when one can't remember exactly what they mean!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)