• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Textbooks (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
all u need for 2unit is yellow fitzpatrick book...and lots of past papers

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Fitzpatrick 2 unit costs around $50 and covers both preliminary and HSC. It is an excellent book. Whether or not it is better than Cambridge is really irrelevant as at this level of quality, as any deviance will be compensated for by the student.

HSC
ok since nobody even answered the last question, i'll just ask this pretty simply: should i buy maths in focus, coroneos and excel or should i just stick to fitzpatrick and jones and couchman and maths tutor's cambridge 3u notes?

Adrian.

HSC
**freakstar87** said:
ok since nobody even answered the last question, i'll just ask this pretty simply: should i buy maths in focus, coroneos and excel or should i just stick to fitzpatrick and jones and couchman and maths tutor's cambridge 3u notes?
No one can tell which books are best for you but Fitz is a very good book and so is Cambridge (that's my combo). I do also have Coroneos but haven't really used it, it does look very good though. I don't recommend you buy MIF (I just don't like it, too much crap). I wouldn't bother with Excel, write your own summary you remember more. I can't comment on Jones and Couchman. Make sure you have a past papers book! Success One is good, I'm waiting for the edition with the 04 paper in it to come out.
Last of all, make sure you don't buy too many books. There is no point having every Maths textbook under the sun. Once you know how to do something (which is what the textbook is for) it becomes practise and past papers are better for that.

Good luck!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Your current books are fine. If you want more buy Fitzpatrick.

HSC
lol...i'm a she :D but yeah thanks heaps! i'll probably just stick to my fitz book. shame my school uses jones and couchman as the main txtbook.

Last edited:

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
ur lucky...
we use maths in focus as our main text
tahts all iv got
i wanna buy fitz...new senior maths
any1 wanna sell it 2 me?
thanks

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
maths in focus is shit beyond belief, i think the author margaret grove should taken on another pastime e.g. prostitution, the questions are repetitive and i havent learnt JACK compared to coroneos (although a bit rusty - im developing asthma so ill switch to jones n couchmann, fitzy is great!)

ShorTSTuFF

Natalie
HSC
we used maths in focus last year(which it was a great help) and are again this year. however, our teacher won't give us exercises out of it, he gives us hw from sheets from another book which he just photocopies and doesn't even explain how to do the work!! :(

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
So whats the point in having maths in focus if you dont do the work out of it?

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
yeh sounds like your teacher is really dysfunctional.

Maybe the teacher expects you to do the exercises from Maths In Focus your self.
Senior Students = Self Initiative.

I kinda of wish I had a teacher like yours.
Except my teacher goes over and explains things real quick but never gives us any extra worksheets or photocopies.

7minute

HSC
I used Jones and Couchman for 3u. Didn't really have a 2u textbook... teacher pointed out the appropriate parts of the 3u book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)