textbooks Used for 4 unit (1 Viewer)

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Apparently the Cambridge Ext. 2 is available for purchase now. Not sure when they will be delivered though. I suspect the maths in focus will get delivered before cambridge. Hopefully both will be delivered before term 4 starts.

For ext 1, not at all confident that the cambridge will be available in time for the start of year 12 though.

Last edited:

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
For ext 1, not at all confident that the cambridge will be available in time for the start of year 12 though.
Might be close though. Apparently the Ext 1 cambridge yr12 was published yesterday.

At least it should be a lot better than when year 11 Ext 1 had to wait several weeks after the course had already started for the cambridge book.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
There has been some confusion pertaining the ebook availability for maths in focus for Year 12. Some of the books have been released when the ebooks are not ready.

Today Cengage have released information pertaining to the availabilty of the ebooks.

First it should be said that all the year 11 ebooks are already available, as are all the ebooks for Standard. The problem only pertains to the year 12 calculus-based ebooks.

The projected availabilities are as follows:

Ext. 1: Oct. 17
Ext. 2: Oct 24
Advanced: Nov. 8

As has been said before, publication dates are in a state of flux. The same can be said of ebooks. So don't trust these dates entirely.

Last edited:

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Ext. 1: Oct. 17

As has been said before, publication dates are in a state of flux. The same can be said of ebooks. So don't trust these dates entirely.
Unfortunately the Ext 1 ebook which was due today is now delayed another week.

Here is a revised version of these dates released today by cengage:

Ext. 1: Oct. 24

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
So I got the new Ext. 1 and Ext. 2 maths in focus Year 12 ebooks - both suffering from font corruption.

The font corruption is extremely bad in particular in the Ext. 2 ebook.

Similar font corruption occurred in the early versions of some of the cambridge ebooks.

Maybe leave it for a few months and redownload them all again. That actually solved the problem for cambridge ebooks - after they received many complaints and were force to fix their ebooks.

Of course they could all completely avoid font corruption in the first place by typing up all the ebooks in LaTeX.

One notable case is the Cambridge Ext. 2 ebook. Early versions of the ebook had no font corruption whatsoever. The reason: that one WAS done in LaTeX. But only that one.

Last edited:

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
The upcoming Mastering HSC Mathematics this time will be only me, which is why it will take longer.

I will most likely finish around mid-December but there's not much point publishing it at that time when I can instead spend another month or so to perfect it.
The Ext 2 Mastering HSC Mathematics book due in February has now been delayed further till April 2020. The textbook list http://users.tpg.com.au/nanahcub/texts.pdf has been edited accordingly.

Screenshot from https://www.mansw.nsw.edu.au/shop/mastering-mathematics-series-anne-joshua-jonathan-le :

Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 1.27.06 pm.png

EDIT. This has now been further delayed due to logistical issues.

Last edited:

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Thanks for updating that for everybody. Small correction for this one. This book will have only one author being myself.
Thanks for the correction. The reference has been updated in the file http://users.tpg.com.au/nanahcub/texts.pdf

But the publisher's website at https://www.mansw.nsw.edu.au/shop/m...mathematics---year-12-extention-2-mathematics still has the front cover with the other author's name.

12-ext2_orig.png

MANSW should correct the front cover by removing the other name.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
There is a new book available now for the new Extension 2 course:

Tong, R., ATAR Notes Maths Extension 2 Complete Course Notes, 2020

MX2-cover.png

There was a version of this for the old syllabus too but it has now been updated for the new course.

It has been added to the textbook list http://users.tpg.com.au/nanahcub/texts.pdf

Last edited:

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Another new Ext. 2 book is available now:

Tang, D. and Tong, R., Year 12 Mathematics Extension 2 Topic Tests, 2020:

MX2-TTs-1.png

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Also, the book Ext 2 Mastering HSC Mathematics has now been further delayed due to logistical issues.

Here is a screenshot from MANSW's newly updated website:

further-delays.png

Not sure what those "logistical issues" are.

Maybe they are stuck on a plane in China unable to get here because of coronavirus - or something like that.

(Only guessing - maybe wrong - but I do know they were printed in China - so I think it is a good guess.)

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
So I got the new Ext. 1 and Ext. 2 maths in focus Year 12 ebooks - both suffering from font corruption.

The font corruption is extremely bad in particular in the Ext. 2 ebook.

Similar font corruption occurred in the early versions of some of the cambridge ebooks.

Maybe leave it for a few months and redownload them all again. That actually solved the problem for cambridge ebooks - after they received many complaints and were force to fix their ebooks.

Of course they could all completely avoid font corruption in the first place by typing up all the ebooks in LaTeX.

One notable case is the Cambridge Ext. 2 ebook. Early versions of the ebook had no font corruption whatsoever. The reason: that one WAS done in LaTeX. But only that one.
I find this really surprising.

The Cambridge books all look LxTeXed to me, and the original materials from which they began were all LaTeX works.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Now there is a new one by Steve Howard:

howard.png

This is a digital textbook which was up to version 5 on 17.6.2020. It may get updated again in the future too so sometimes check the website howardmathematics.com for updates.

I think the first complete version was on 11.6.2020 (version 4).

Prior to 11.6.2020 the older versions 1, 2 and 3 (respectively on 16.10.2019, 25.1.2020 and 15.3.2020) were incomplete.

You can also check the website for other related materials like the 1000 revision questions (which is also so far incomplete - 200 so far)

Now that the textbook is complete I have added it to the textbook list at http://users.tpg.com.au/nanahcub/texts.pdf

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Next 200 revision questions from Steve Howard are available now at

This adds to the previous 200. So now there are 400 and counting. Eventually it will be 1000.

Check http://howardmathematics.com for further updates
Another 100 have been added (for Ch.6):

so 500 to go.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)