textbooks. (1 Viewer)

wt2005

HSC
N/A
Hi guys just wondering if i should go ahead and put order in for textbooks and beat the rush now or later when uni starts. I'm doing the B engineering course and co op lists textbooks for 3 of the units i'm doing.

Just one thing that worries me. What if the textbook list changes after i've ordered it? Can i get a refund or something

Thanksguys

mattyg87

HSC
from memory im pretty sure the unit coordinator submits the textbooks to the coop bookshop and the list is made from that.

The shop is absolutely packed for the first week or 2 of the semester so i would recommend getting in early. If you are unsure about which books to buy you can always ring your coordinator to make sure. On most occasions the textbooks used for the unit will be the same as previous years.

dynasty

HSC
is there really THAT much of a rush, i mean shouldn't you wait until your lecturer tells you what to get for sure- and also shouldn't the cop-op bookshop have enough stock to prevent running out? cuz they would know the numbers of the courses right?

sladehk

le random
HSC
so uws doesn't send you a booklist we need to buy?

purplemonkey

HSC
No they dont send you out a list, you have to look it up on their website http://www.coop-bookshop.com.au/boo...430170&_frames_=no&_next_page_=DataSubjSelect and choose UWS (your campus) 2007 Ist Semester.

Also: they dont let you just walk around in there in week one, coz there are so many people (well this is at Bankstown, I dunno about the other campuses...at Ctown they just have a counter). So you should write on a bit of paper all the books you want to buy...they'll take it and go get the books for you. It makes it easier coz the staff there can get around a lot quicker than a mob of students.

In week one/two (maybe even three) they have extended hours. So if you have a class at say 9...you could pop into the bookshop about 8.30 and there will be no-one around...

About ordering them early..its really personal prefernce..I'm not entirely sure what their refund policy is...maybe you should email your unit coordinator and ask...or (if they've uploaded them already) you can access some unit outlines from the library website and dowload them to read. Then you can see how much the book is used for weekly readings...and you can decide if its worth getting it now...or just photocopying bits if you only need a couple of chapters...

If you want them cheap (and they're usually in damn good condition coz theyve only been used for one semsetr) try www.textbookexchange.com.au whats good about this too is that when you email the seller about the book you want to buy, you can also ask them about the unit itself and if they have any tips for assignments/exams

Hope that long reply helped you guys!! :D

Datto120

HSC
Does anyone know how accurate that coop website is?? Coz its accurate i wanna go buy my books now rather than waiting!

darkmiracles

HSC
i'm doing a bachelor of design (visual communication) & coop shows only a book for one of my units, does this mean i only need to get one book for this semester or could it be incorrect? i'm pretty sure i need to get textbooks for my other units as well.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
nah, not all lecturers have placed all subjects up on the coop website yet, let alone ordered em - i've got myself 2 textbooks for 2 subjects, still 2 to go cos i asked the coop shop lady if she knows where they are n she just told me to wait around a bit more for the lecturer to order them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)