Textbooks (2 Viewers)

puffkenny

HSC
Hey I was told by the SRC that the university is obligated by law to provide us with all the required materials for the particular courses you are doing. However, I was told today by all my lecturers to "go out and buy the textbooks, they only cost $1000 alltogether" yeh, its is an overstatement but my point is, is it true what the SRC said, or should we just unwillingly empty our pockets for the textbooks??

Winston

HSC
if that's true... then why does every uni student have to purchase textbooks? :S... it wouldn't make much sense.

puffkenny

HSC
yeh and the SRC leader dude told us that if they make u buy the textbooks, u can appeal to the SRC and they'll do something about it. well, I'm not the type to stirring schise anyway but yeh, it's just something that bothers me

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
first of all, they cant make you buy the text books, and second of all, they get around that law by having copies of the textbooks in the library, often in closed reserve, so you can always access them. If u dont want to buy them, u can use them in the library. I didnt use mine hardly at all last year, but i guess it differs between courses. Also depends how easy it is for you to get to the library, like if u r on campus or not

Collin

HSC
N/A
Laws always tend to have loopholes which can be exploited.

Mmmmmm...... donuts :drool:

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
Laws always tend to have loopholes which can be exploited.

Mmmmmm...... donuts :drool:

yea.. i fink wat usyd does is... not call them textbooks, just call them lecture guides lol... :p...

Collin

HSC
N/A
Lol yeah.

The lawyers will come and the lecturers will simply exclaim, "These are 'lecture guides', not textbooks, you stupid morons!"

eneleon

Plain Insane
HSC
My friend got told she didnt need to buy textbooks by her lecturers and also by 2nd year students :D

excuse me. im just bored stuck at home and feel a need to contribute. AHAHAHA.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
LOL i remember a few election promises last year about some guy trying to get free (or was it 5c) photocopying... as well as free lecture notes...

but as its already been said, the uni gets around this all by providing a copy in special reserve!!

hey it wouldn't be uni without all the expenses!! :p

puffkenny

HSC
bloody damn Liberals, cutting investments in Unis so us poor students has to pay for those stupid massive fees for those text books. VOTE 1 LABOR

Collin

HSC
N/A
I agree, Liberals suck. Except for international relations, national defence, and economic management.

Imagine if Crean was still Labors leader.. *shudder*, man that guy's teeth pissed me off. :/

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
...Imagine if Crean was still Labors leader.. *shudder*, man that guy's teeth pissed me off. :/
LoL, it shows u how dumb the aussie population is...i.e they don't look at the party's policies. :rolleyes: :D

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
LoL, it shows u how dumb the aussie population is...i.e they don't look at the party's policies. :rolleyes: :D
hahaha ill laugh if the party's leader was this real young hot chick :p....

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by puffkenny
I'll pound her every nite ahahahah
heyz!!! puffkenny!!! u r from homebush!!! n u do the same course as i do!!! at usyd!!! who are u any wayz??

or did u just put that homebush logo there for fun??? =p blehz

puffkenny

HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
heyz!!! puffkenny!!! u r from homebush!!! n u do the same course as i do!!! at usyd!!! who are u any wayz??

or did u just put that homebush logo there for fun??? =p blehz
Well, yes i am from homebush for a start. who am I? my name is Vegeta and you can spot me in Usyd if u c the person in the attached picture

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)