Maths Ext. 2
Economics
Chemistry
?

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
3U - Fitzpatrick and Excel, Fitzpatick has lots of questions for extra practice, while Excel helps you develop the skills for exams throughout the course

4U - Tezza Lee's advanced maths and excel, I use both, terry Lee has really challenging questions, while Excel does the same as it does for 3U

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
I dunno about Chem and economics, I'm yet to see a really good textbook for either of them.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
What are some good textbooks for subjects such as:
Maths Ext. 1
Maths Ext. 2
Economics
Chemistry
?
Ext 1 - Fitzpatrick and Cambridge
Ext 2 - S.K Patel and Terry Lee
Economics - Tim Riley
Chem - No Idea

timeflies

HSC
Chem - Chemistry Contexts 2

Last edited:

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
ext 1 - cambridge, hsc success one (for hsc past papers only), fitzpatrick, past papers
ext 2 - terry lee, I've heard good things about Patel, cambridge (sydney grammar version)
chem - I don't do chem, but I used to use physics in focus for physics (duh) and it was amazing, so I recommend at least checking out the chemistry version the author wrote :) (I assume its called chemistry in focus, if it exists)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
The Jacaranda chemistry, in my opinion, is one of the best chem textbooks around-because it has extensive information to assist you in completely understanding how each dotpoint connects with other and it is very colourful which means it is engaging, plus it has answers that are extensive and complete... you can also consider flicking through the surfing chemistry module books-although the questions are like comprehension, it eases you into a module and has very good, straight to the point summaries that are good for revision,

For maths extension one-Cambridge textbooks are pretty good-particularly how they explain the theory behind stuff and there are so many questions that you will never run out-i.e. it will last you through the entire year...-hope this helps:)

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
For Economics the two best would be Tim Riley & Tim Dixon, When it comes to the HSC Course, Riley is a lot more writing and text, it's very tedious but it forces you to work harder, Dixon is set out in a nicer format, easier to look at but not as indepth. Normally I'd learn with Riley and then study/revise/make notes with the Dixon book.

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
I use Chem contexts at school, It's not as great as everybody makes it out to be. It explains concepts well, but the practice questions are terrible. Does anybody know a Chem book, besides Conquering Chem, with good questions?

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
I use Chem contexts at school, It's not as great as everybody makes it out to be. It explains concepts well, but the practice questions are terrible. Does anybody know a Chem book, besides Conquering Chem, with good questions?
Past Papers (Y) End of the day if the textbook is able to explain the concepts to you properly and you need questions just grind past papers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)