Textiles 2007 (1 Viewer)

Tan.

HSC
bethrealistic said:
Hey, also, what ARE the principles of dyeing? Like I learned about dyeing as in the process, so I just wrote down the processes you go through with some key words like "immersion" and "agitation" underlined. What are the actual names of the principles...?
yeh they are the priciples...like wetting out the fibres, immersion, agitation, migration etc. so sounds like you did the right thing.

lisablah

HSC
N/A
oh crap. i put digital prininting!! crappo!! i have 2 multies wrong already!! i put polyester socks...how lame can i get!!! lol it was a tosser between cotton and polester! i didnt know if it was a circular or double knit because out sheets that we received from teacher said sock were made from double knit...but then again....polyester is not absorbent wheras cotton is...which is a needed in sports sock!!

for distribution i but intensive distribution and few people in class put exclusive. in business studies the distibution channels are intensive, selective, exclusive!

also for the first question i put old garments...or sumthing like that...and wrote as the product, non-woven fabrics? would that be correct?

beveritt

HSC
yeh dying principles... shortened down version of wat i wrote...
1) dissolve dye in solute
2) wett out fabric
3) immerse
4) agitate = migration & diffusion
5) leave for length of time
6) anchor by steaming/heat set.

i wrote reasons y they did each step as well. lol, probly overload but had enuf time, so oh well.

lisablah i wuld think non-woven wuld b ok. its still recycling! lol.

lanies

HSC
for the first question i put: PET bottles... and then wrote work cloths or something similar.. ah i should have written eco spun.. i knew it, but i didnt think it worked with the question, oops.

another mistake i made was talking about shibori in the decoration thing, instead of a new technology decoration method, its just because i didnt know enough about other processes.. =(

any ideas if i can pull together a few marks from that?

HSC
Adelya said:
Genre- Crime Fiction
easy topic really.. I quite enjoyed it. The exam question was kind of difficult... for me anyway, others seemed to find it ok.
My creative wasn't the greatest either... In other words I just couldn't really be stuffed...
My internal mark was good though, so hopefully i'll still end up with an ok mark... hopefullyyyyy haha
What did you do?
Sorry to get off topic, LOL, but I did Crime Fiction too.
The exam wasn't too bad, but like, it was a bit challenging. The creative stimulus was quite good. Nothing too hard.
I thought the essay was a bit ambiguous, but hey, it was OK.

HSC
rubificticious said:
Sorry to get off topic, LOL, but I did Crime Fiction too.
The exam wasn't too bad, but like, it was a bit challenging. The creative stimulus was quite good. Nothing too hard.
I thought the essay was a bit ambiguous, but hey, it was OK.
And is it just me, or are the orders of the messages on here jumbled?

beveritt

HSC
rubificticious said:
And is it just me, or are the orders of the messages on here jumbled?
lol yeh they r. i think its cos the clock is screwy... it says it like 10.57 pm... but its really only just hit 4pm??

HSC
beveritt said:
lol yeh they r. i think its cos the clock is screwy... it says it like 10.57 pm... but its really only just hit 4pm??
Why?
That's gay. Like I can't read the proper, in order responses.

Tan.

HSC
k i kno this has been asked but yeh wat were the NEW principles of dyeing???
my teacher showed us stuff from the text book & like the principles that were in there were the ones we'd learnt...
like wetted out, immersion, agitation..yeh you all know them..
so i don get it..

bethrealistic

HSC
beveritt said:
yeh dying principles... shortened down version of wat i wrote...
1) dissolve dye in solute
2) wett out fabric
3) immerse
4) agitate = migration & diffusion
5) leave for length of time
6) anchor by steaming/heat set.

i wrote reasons y they did each step as well. lol, probly overload but had enuf time, so oh well.

lisablah i wuld think non-woven wuld b ok. its still recycling! lol.
Yeah I used old clothes + non-woven household wipes.

I did all those principles, then, except for "dissolve dye", blah.

beanari

HSC
haha i wrote a boutique for distribution channel...???
i finished early.
i was a bit lost for q15, but nevertheless.... i reviewed a past paper that was sitting in my bag when i got out and the last question was practically identical to 14 and 15, too bad i had just missed reading it that morning. i chose 15... did machinery include software, cos i figured it only included actual mechanical devides kind of thing- eg laser cutters, layers, overhead cable transporting system thingys, multihead computer embroider machines, etc etc
:S
yeh, didnt do so well i dont think

beanari

HSC
hey all
yes i finished with half an hour to go.. 20minsish maybe
i didnt study much, cos i just do ballet all day everyday and dont have much time.. schoolwork comes second haha. my analogy for how i answered Q15 is that i was like a person walking down a dark and wide corridor stepping in every direction with outstretched limbs to try and find the wall somewhere...
mmm
i found the exam ok... dont really know !!!

KateRobbo

HSC
I thought it was so simplistic. MC was so easy, someone who didn't even know it would have been able to pass.
Also glad i revised the NEW principles of dyeing just before entering the exam, did everyone else learn the new ones?
Was pretty good compared to the past ones I think

beveritt

HSC
haha i like that analogy beanari!!!

... wat were the new principles?

beveritt

HSC
rubificticious said:
Why?
That's gay. Like I can't read the proper, in order responses.

lol.. i think its fixed now... well it says it is. that was weird.

HSC
KateRobbo said:
I thought it was so simplistic. MC was so easy, someone who didn't even know it would have been able to pass.
Also glad i revised the NEW principles of dyeing just before entering the exam, did everyone else learn the new ones?
Was pretty good compared to the past ones I think
There are new ones?

theoblank

HSC
bloomers said:
also with the logo/banner one, weve done that kind of question heaps in class and it always turns out to be screen printing cause its cheap easy etc, but i put digital printing cause if you had a 6-coloured logo youd have to change screens like 6 times. chatness. what do you think?
plus its defs not roller printing because roller makes a consistent pattern, you keep rolling it over fabric and it repeats and repeats.. so it wouldnt be suitable for a single logo. y'know?
yeah, but a roller has a GEOMETRIC pattern on it, and the question asked for a geometric pattern to be printed, so surely it would be roller because they would just roll the 500 banners through in a single colour with 6 differenc colours.
Digital printing would be wayyyyyy to expeno, and it said cheap,
yeah.
right?

bethrealistic

HSC
theoblank said:
yeah, but a roller has a GEOMETRIC pattern on it, and the question asked for a geometric pattern to be printed, so surely it would be roller because they would just roll the 500 banners through in a single colour with 6 differenc colours.
yeah.
right?
Nah I think question asked for a geometric graphic...?
Rollers print a repeated geometric pattern, they don't tend to be used for a single design.

shohisha

HSC
theoblank said:
yeah.
right?
rollers are almost only used for the printing of fabric bolts; for every new colour an entirely new roller has to be like laser cut etc etc for the design, it couldnt be a more cost-ineffiecnt method of production.

screen printing 500 items with six differnt colours, likewise, would be rediculously labour intensive, as every colour is a new screen so thats like 3000 individual runs! and if uv eva screen printed you know theres no fucking way any one would be bothered. thus, digital printing, for a medium size production would be by far the most cost effective.

ignore the arrogant tone, its just a deception of this psudo-communication.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)