Texts in Time; Frankenstein/Blade Runner essay (1 Viewer)

beve

Jesus
HSC
I have an assessment task coming up - an essay on the following topic:

Similar issues, explored in different contexts, may reflect changes in values and perspectives. How is this demonstrated in the comparison of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and Ridley Scott's Blade Runner?

I got this question, looked at it and was like

but anyway. How do i talk about the changes in values and perspectives? Sure; culture and society are vastly different between the two texts, but I can't really think of much to say other than; The culture depicted in Frankenstein valued Nature and Blade Runner's does not. But like, that doesn't afford me much to talk about in an hour, which is the time I have to write the bloody thing.

Help appreciated; those of you who will actually want to talk about F & B.R in your spare time... :confused:

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
"changes in values and perspectives" just refers to the change in context (cos context is made up of values/perspectives of that time). I think it just wants you to refer more specifically to contextual VALUES and contextual PERSPECTIVES.

Frankenstein:
Values: nature, emotion/passion
Perspectives: contextual concerns (romanticism v rationalism)

I guess the perspective is that human ambitions and rationalism results in scientific aberrations.

Bladerunner:
Values: freedom, individuality
Perspectives: contextual concerns (environmentalism, capitalism), post modernism, alienation in contemporary society.

I guess the perspective is that technology results in the alienation and ambiguity of humanity in a dehumanised society.

4theHSC

HSC
I have an assessment task coming up - an essay on the following topic:

Similar issues, explored in different contexts, may reflect changes in values and perspectives. How is this demonstrated in the comparison of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and Ridley Scott's Blade Runner?

I got this question, looked at it and was like

but anyway. How do i talk about the changes in values and perspectives? Sure; culture and society are vastly different between the two texts, but I can't really think of much to say other than; The culture depicted in Frankenstein valued Nature and Blade Runner's does not. But like, that doesn't afford me much to talk about in an hour, which is the time I have to write the bloody thing.

Help appreciated; those of you who will actually want to talk about F & B.R in your spare time... :confused:
ok... you go to my school?

tinamuffins

HSC
Im doing 4u english too and the course you want to do at uni..well thats what ive been trying to find and no onek new what it was
haha thanks dude:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)