Texts of choice for 4U (1 Viewer)

Gramme

HSC
To all of those self-accomplished math-heads of previous years, I have studied 4U under S.K. Patel and other great teachers but I desperately need to reacquire a wealth of structured knowledge before 2010.

Question: what textbooks would you recommend? I own Fitzpatrick's 2U and Patel's X2. I suppose a good condition Cambridge is in order. UNSW wouldn't have any of these would it?

I have knowledge of what extension HSC books I need but I also need to help a friend in 2U so I might as well go mad and spend more than a few dollars.

Where would you go to buy (any condition) HSC Maths textbooks? Thank you.

Gramme

HSC
Cheers, yeah I completely agree--what about where to get these books. Borders, Abbeys in the Sydney Four Book Quarters or from an individual or any other better options unknown to me?

Gramme

HSC
cambridge is dominant - but some topics are done better by lee

best place to go is bellbird books
I've looked up Bellbird Books and I found a store in Artarmon that I will call on money and see if they have Cambridge 2/3/4 Yr11/12 which is 5 books. Other than that Ebay and a few other sites have it listed. Damnit it shouldn't be too hard to get a reasonble price on a Maths Textbook.

martinc

HSC
if you plan on teaching 3u and 4u only .. you won;t need the 2u textbook. just saying :)
the 3u has alll the 2u concepts within it already

ItsColinoOo0o

HSC
are you guys serious?
cambridge is so confusing

right now i have all three books but i jsut use fitzpatrick and terry lee

Luxxey

candied queen
HSC
Bellbird is in artarmon - its the only store they have. and they will have it, or they will order it, because they supply most schools in sydney
Isn't there one in Burwood? I picked up most of my books from there.

Also, yes - Patel, Lee, and Cambridge.

Gramme

HSC
if you plan on teaching 3u and 4u only .. you won;t need the 2u textbook. just saying
the 3u has alll the 2u concepts within it already
Good point! But I was suggesting it for my friend, although since he won't be using the book outright and I will I'll just go with 3U.

ummm not sure - i always went to the one in artarmon
Its closer to me so I will too.

Isn't there one in Burwood? I picked up most of my books from there.

Also, yes - Patel, Lee, and Cambridge.
I've never studied Terry Lee. I found Cambridge and Patel great. Excel angered me something fierce.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
There's also Dymocks George St for Textbooks. Cambridge/Fitz should be all you need, Coroneos for some trickier stuff. Can I enquire why you suddenly need 4U textbooks?

Gramme

HSC
There's also Dymocks George St for Textbooks. Cambridge/Fitz should be all you need, Coroneos for some trickier stuff. Can I enquire why you suddenly need 4U textbooks?
Of course, I am applying for UNSW and other than that I miss getting every answer right. Since an old friend asked me to teach him I want to be absolutely correct. So my reason is three-fold.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I ordered my Cambridge straight from the publisher - $60, but yeah...

Or alternatively, the Sell forums should do you nicely - I believe some are selling their Cambridge's for $35-40.

For the record, Cambridge seems too squished for me - while Fitzpatrick is nice and laid out better.

Gramme

HSC
I ordered my Cambridge straight from the publisher - $60, but yeah...

Or alternatively, the Sell forums should do you nicely - I believe some are selling their Cambridge's for $35-40.

For the record, Cambridge seems too squished for me - while Fitzpatrick is nice and laid out better.
Cheers I'll keep that in mind. At times I'm very sentimental with my books but at other times I could care less. I only care about Patel's books because I have a lot of respect for him personally, strange how the brain prioritises.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
My only experience with Patel is in his Excel book, which I found even more squished than Cambridge...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)