Texts similar to Langton's P&P (1 Viewer)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Hey i've looked though the supplementary material post but im looking for something similiar to Pride and Prejudice and that can be easily related to P&P especially the proposal scenes and a text that portrays 19thC marriage values, love etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Compare and contrast elizabeth bennet with Jane Eyre.

When exploring the philosophical paradigms, try to also actually just reference a third text to demonstrate you have wide reading i.e. Wollstonecraft's The Vindication of the Rights of Women

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
bobness said:
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Compare and contrast elizabeth bennet with Jane Eyre.

When exploring the philosophical paradigms, try to also actually just reference a third text to demonstrate you have wide reading i.e. Wollstonecraft's The Vindication of the Rights of Women
Yeah i think alot of people are going to do Jane Eyre though because it was studied in a few of the advanced classes in yr 11, is there anyway to stay away from John Stuart Mill and Mary Wollstonecraft? by linking more to philosophers? Nietzsche

Well in our assesable one of the dot points is: "Evaluate Austen's representation of characters, situation and ideas by comparing them to another fictional text depicting the same period."

Also EE1 rubric.

Well the chapeters in the film im doing are Mr Collins proposal and Elizabeth's rejection of Darcy.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Bump, anyone?

Also any good philosophy out there that applies to individual and society, im currently reading Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil.

Emly

E.T
HSC
wives and daughters - elizabeth gaskell

compare cynthia to lizzie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)