Thailand or Fiji (1 Viewer)

ibewatto

HSC
First off if there is a thread similar to this one im sorry but i have x amount of free time, where x = piss all.

My close mates and i are trying to plan a skoolies trip for 08, we want night life, clubs/pubs and people but also somethin we can do during the day (eg surfin/diving/swim/parasail/idontcare and not feel like we paid a grand or 2 or 3 to get drunk in another country. We are looking at Beachcomber island in fiji (party island) and somewhere in thailand. My concern is beachcomber is too small and by day 3 we will have nothing to do. We do not want a situation like the gold coast. Ideas? thoughts? links?

Appreciated

OK, thanks to every1 that replied, my mates decided Thailand sound good. Just out of curiosity, how much did you spend on flights/food/nights out/divin/anythin you did...roughly

Last edited:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Thailand was great :D.

No matter where i went, I had heaps of fun.

Taxi drivers are good but they can trick you. One taxi driver told us that this temple we wanted to go to doesn't open until 12 pm, so instead he took us this gem show. Basically, the people running the gem exhibition have deals with the taxi drivers - if they bring tourists to the exhibition, the hosts give them vouchers for petrol.

The exhibition was nice, but we wasted an entire day there. :(

alby

cool duckie
HSC
havent been to thailand, but having recently come back from fiji, i'd say thailand. things in fiji are very expensive (and the exchange rate isnt that awesome), and when you're staying on an island, there often arent enough things to keep you entertained for the whole time you're there (i was on the mainland, but we only went on 2 trips in the 8 days we were there)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
tanjin said:
Thailand was great :D.

No matter where i went, I had heaps of fun.

Taxi drivers are good but they can trick you. One taxi driver told us that this temple we wanted to go to doesn't open until 12 pm, so instead he took us this gem show. Basically, the people running the gem exhibition have deals with the taxi drivers - if they bring tourists to the exhibition, the hosts give them vouchers for petrol.

The exhibition was nice, but we wasted an entire day there. :(
hahhahahhaahhaah sucked in to you.

i'd say thailand too, heaps fun....fiji? lmao

CieL

HSC
Thailand was heaps fun.

Nightlife was wild. I remember hearing the bass 150m away.. then I got an earache when I got closer..
Careful of transvestite hookers.
Careful of desperate people trying to scam/sell you stuff.
Careful of pickpockets.

Having said that it's a major tourist destination so there's always heaps of things to do..

I remember visiting this night zoo.. I got to hold a baby tiger on my lap whilst it was sucking pig milk out of a bottle I got to hold [after you pay for a photo shoot].. then I was on some tour train going aroudn the zoo and some bunch of animals just walked across the footpath..

Fruit is great there.
Everything's cheap.
Shopping centres are MASSIVE.. as in.. 10 stories worth of shops..

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
CieL said:
Careful of transvestite hookers.
There were so many! I saw many at almost every location I visited, aside from some temples.

CieL

HSC
tanjin said:
There were so many! I saw many at almost every location I visited, aside from some temples.
They're everywhere.

I went to a Peep Show [places where the trannies perform] when I was full underaged..

It was pretty perverted/hilarious/amusing trying to guess who had their "operation" or not..

DanielleM

HSC
Ive been to Fiji twice. But would actually like to go to Thailand... heard great things about it! I really liked Fiji though hense me going back twice! I loved the culture, visiting little towns and villages was also inspiring, drinking the Kava, watersports are also really good there and the Fijians are heaps nice and funny! I stayed at the Fijian Resort which was really fun and the nightlife was pretty good there and not overpopulated with nice people!

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
thailand definately, go to phuket for sure if ur in thailand, definately the best place. the beaches, nightlife and hotels are awesome. make sure u stay on patong beach because thats where everything is.

somebody said they had problems with pickpocketers, i was warned about it but at no time did i see anyone get pickpocketed. must be unlucky to be the one.

list of things to do:

phi phi island and james bond island
bungey jumping
shooting range
atv's
snake show (that was really good)
hire motorbikes (all you need is a valid drivers licence of anykind and passport. you can ask the tour agent at your hotel to arrange it for you, only $10 for the whole day)
shop till you drop (but bargain with them, you can generally get them under half the price they quote you at the start)
drink, drink and fucking drink (theres a massive street in patong which is completely full of bars and clubs)
muay-thai (go and watch it its fucking awesome)

things not to do:

drink the tap water (can make you very sick, even in your own hotel, so make sure u always have bottled water on you)

i would recommend going to phuket over pattaya and bangkok, bangkok is good if you are theyre only to explore and see all the sights rather than relax on beaches and get drunk.

go to phuket and ull never regret it, best place ive been to by far ever.

*hopeful*

HSC
any recommendations about places to stay in phuket ??

also if anyone booked a package deal with flight centre or something similar can u plz advise ?

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
stay at patong beach. i stayed at thara patong beach resort, which is right accross the road from the beach and in the middle of everything.

my sister works for flight centre and she got me return flights to bangkok, plus hotel transfers, the domestic flight from bangkok to phuket return, and 10 nights accomodation with breakfast for $1700. i didnt get charged commission thats the only difference (which is about $200). so you will be looking at something around $2000 for everything.

check out the website for the hotel.

http://www.tharapatong.com

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)