'Thank God You're Here' defects to Channel 7. (1 Viewer)

Morbo

HSC
The sensational comedy series Thank God You’re Here is poised to join Australian TV’s best prime time line-up on Channel Seven. Thank God You’re Here, an award-winning creation from Working Dog Productions, will join Channel Seven’s 2009 schedule for its fourth season of unscripted mayhem.
Shane Bourne will remain the show’s host in addition to his role on the hit Channel Seven police drama City Homicide.
Judge and co-creator Tom Gleisner:
“Having taken a year off it felt right to try some new things with the show – including a different home. Moving will give us the opportunity to expose Thank God You’re Here to a whole new audience, while also allowing Shane to continue using his City Homicide parking space.”
Thank God You’re Here is a huge hit locally and overseas.
Channel Seven chief executive David Leckie is ecstatic to add another Aussie hit to the network’s stable:
“I have wanted to work with the Working Dog team for years and I’m happy that we waited long enough for it to be for the right show - Thank God You’re Here is a fabulous show and it will be even more fabulous on Seven.
“We see this as being the first of many shows in a long term relationship with Working Dog. They are the best in the business at what they do and that’s why they’ll fit in just perfectly at Seven.”
Source: Thank God You’re Here switches to Seven : TV Tonight

Another blow to Channel Ten, your thoughts?

LordPc

HSC
Kind of old news but yea big blow to 10, arguably the best show they have is now gone

But the move might be bad. The show was very good before hand except for the all in group challenge which didnt seem to be as funny as the single performances. so it will be interesting to see what exactly these "new things" that they want to try are

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
I hated that show so bad.

Humour was so crap.

Its "Comedy Channel" style comedy..... Which is the most stupid comedy i've ever seen.

Russdog

russell
HSC
the show took a year off? didn't it only start last year?

it was funny like the first 2 episodes.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm kinda glad because hopefully this means that Shane Bourne will still be hosting it :)

rozymisty

HSC
TGYH started in like 2005 or 06, coz i remember watching it religiously coz of Frank woodley lol. And um cant remember what season....oh hang on it was 2006 when they started teh series coz i remember shane asking frank what the goodbye tour was like.

I hate Tom Gliesner..he acts so weird and tries to hard to be funny but he's not. he's annoying! And you can so tell that his comments are partially scripted coz he looks down at the papers and its too neat to be hand writing.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Who do you reckon was the funniest guest on the show? For me it's always been Hamish Blake or Angus Sampson. Both are hilarious!

LordPc

HSC
Hamish Blake, Josh Lawson and Bob Franklin

Angus Sampsons is good too

all rest are ok

Fifi Box is terrible though and Cal Wilson has put in some uninspiring performances

Pace_T

HSC
this show is trash. the only performance i ever liked was one by carl baron or whatever his name is

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Doesn't anyone like Akmal Saleh? He's fucking hilarious.

OMG and Frank Woodley (L)

I hated the fact that the Veronicas were on the finale. Wrecked it imo.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Doesn't anyone like Akmal Saleh? He's fucking hilarious.

OMG and Frank Woodley (L)

I hated the fact that the Veronicas were on the finale. Wrecked it imo.
OMG Akmal Saleh!! I forgot about him too! And yes the Veronicas will never succeed to be funny, not in a million years.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
OMG Akmal Saleh!! I forgot about him too! And yes the Veronicas will never succeed to be funny, not in a million years.
Yes, I know. They totally killed the Christmas carol.

Akmal's my favourite. Short Middle Eastern dude who always pays out muslims and gets away with it haha

rozymisty

HSC
Hamish Blake, Josh Lawson and Bob Franklin

Angus Sampsons is good too

all rest are ok

Fifi Box is terrible though and Cal Wilson has put in some uninspiring performances

hehe I liked the one where Josh was the dog whisper..that border collie sure was a comedian in its own right hehe.

Franks skits are funny. heheh i like that group challenge where he was 'kicked in the head by the horse' lmao.

Ooo and shaun mcallef hehe 'well my name...my name is tina also' LMAO

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
hehe I liked the one where Josh was the dog whisper..that border collie sure was a comedian in its own right hehe.

Franks skits are funny. heheh i like that group challenge where he was 'kicked in the head by the horse' lmao.

Ooo and shaun mcallef hehe 'well my name...my name is tina also' LMAO
Haha, yeah those eps were orsum.
Classic for me is the one of Frank Woodley on the moving ship : D

Morbo

HSC
I agree, Fifi Box is terrible and Nish is really bad. Hamish Blake, Angus Sampson, Josh Lawson, Akmal Saleh, Frank Woodley in that order for me. I'm assuming Hamish won't be on any future episodes of Thank God You're Here.

LordPc

HSC
I agree, Fifi Box is terrible and Nish is really bad. Hamish Blake, Angus Sampson, Josh Lawson, Akmal Saleh, Frank Woodley in that order for me. I'm assuming Hamish won't be on any future episodes of Thank God You're Here.
why not?

net work thing? cause Josh Lawson was working for channel 9 when he came on the show

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)