Thankyou (1 Viewer)

Kyroth***

HSC
:wave: The return of the 2005 EE2er...

I just really want to say thankyou to everyone who was on the EE2 threads in 2005, especially to Glitterfairy. I've barely been near a computer since we got the results, much less had the time to get to BOS during those brief moments (moving to Germany does that to you!), but I just really wanted to let you know how much your help paid off.

As you may or may not remember, I wanted to murder my movie. It was text book Murphy's Law - everything that could go wrong, went wrong, from the flooding of a set where it hadn't rained in 3 years, to sound burps because of drama students... it really sucked. I was this close to dropping it, but the encouragement I got here really helped.

I finished it. I handed it in. I was so proud.

And to be frank, I was expecting a mark to fit. A mark appropriate of something that was just finished, and nothing more. So when I checked my results, and a 46 appeared on the screen, I almost died. Looking back, I realise that my movie was better than I had thought at the time.

That 46, and the big chunk of my astounding 90.3 that it made up, are because of everyone here. You guys made me finish it. You were here when times were tough. I couldn't have done it without you.

Thankyou.

And to any 06ers reading this, the moral is, stick it out. It pays off. Big time.

pungemo

HSC
Oh I hate a story with a moral that involves more work! But congrats on the great mark, just hope all those things don't happen to us all this year :)

J

jhakka

Lord Pheasant said:
Yeah, I wish some past EE2'er would say "I did absolutely no work, handed in thirty blank pieces of paper and the markers loved it for its postmodernist tendencies". Stupid work...
But there's a word limit. :p

Porcia

HSC
what about the same word repeated again and again
"story story story story story story"

or copy and paste da vinci code

J

jhakka

The one word thing could work... only if you change the font occasionally.

HSC
N/A
Kyroth*** said:
:wave: The return of the 2005 EE2er...

I just really want to say thankyou to everyone who was on the EE2 threads in 2005, especially to Glitterfairy. I've barely been near a computer since we got the results, much less had the time to get to BOS during those brief moments (moving to Germany does that to you!), but I just really wanted to let you know how much your help paid off.

As you may or may not remember, I wanted to murder my movie. It was text book Murphy's Law - everything that could go wrong, went wrong, from the flooding of a set where it hadn't rained in 3 years, to sound burps because of drama students... it really sucked. I was this close to dropping it, but the encouragement I got here really helped.

I finished it. I handed it in. I was so proud.

And to be frank, I was expecting a mark to fit. A mark appropriate of something that was just finished, and nothing more. So when I checked my results, and a 46 appeared on the screen, I almost died. Looking back, I realise that my movie was better than I had thought at the time.

That 46, and the big chunk of my astounding 90.3 that it made up, are because of everyone here. You guys made me finish it. You were here when times were tough. I couldn't have done it without you.

Thankyou.

And to any 06ers reading this, the moral is, stick it out. It pays off. Big time.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

I'm getting misty-eyed over here. Yes, I'm actually looking around for a tissue...

I am so, so proud of your achievement. You earnt it sweetie, every single mark of it!

It means so much to me to know that someone found my advice helpful, and felt strongly enough about it to come back and tell me. It's people like you who make me so glad to be an EE2 mod, and make me feel that what I'm doing is worthwhile and not just a waste of time/potential RSI moments :p

Thank you so, so much, and know that I am so proud and happy for you. Best wishes for your future endeavours, I know you will do well in life, and never hesitate to contact me if you need help on something or just want to have a little chat about anything at all :)

Much love,
Lynn.

Kyroth***

HSC
^^^^*pointing upward*

06ers take note! Lynn has just demonstrated again how fantastic she is! Seriously guys, Glitterfairy rules! Never forget that!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Kyroth*** said:
^^^^*pointing upward*

06ers take note! Lynn has just demonstrated again how fantastic she is! Seriously guys, Glitterfairy rules! Never forget that!
Don't forget Jhakka too;)

gorgo31

HSC
Congratulations Kyroth, reading your post made me remember what EE2 was really about. This community was a particularly good place for all of us to bounce ideas off each other, and eventually commend each other on our major works. The pursuit of marks should have been secondary, and it's so easy to look back now and say how stupid some of us were when trying to get them. This course is about putting out a piece of work that we have created ourselves, using our own intuition and our own artistic integrity. No mark, be it high or low, can reflect that.

To the 06ers, I know it's hard sometimes to forget that you're doing a course that will likely contribute to your UAI. But forget about your mark, take a chance and do something that reflects the writer or artist you are. That's the way to get the most out of it. You really don't need validation from a teacher sitting in a cold room who can't wait to get home after a long, long night :)

Emph

HSC
gorgo31 said:
You really don't need validation from a teacher sitting in a cold room who can't wait to get home after a long, long night :)
EXACTLY!!!!

That is why I was so shocked when I attended a seminar and the lady said to us that we should make our work very simplistic so that the marker didn't have to think too hard because they would be too tired.

Awww poor marker.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
pungemo said:
Oh I hate a story with a moral that involves more work! But congrats on the great mark, just hope all those things don't happen to us all this year :)
Will this help? I wrote my extension story in 2 weeks, with the same idea I'd always had, after changing it from a play to a screenplay to a short story. It can be found somewhere in these forums (It's called The Bus). I had no tutoring and went to no EE2 seminars, and I got an assessment mark of 46/50 (officially - this sucks now and I'll tell you why) but it was scaled down to 36/50 because a person in my class of 4 who my (ass) tutor marked higher than me only got 36/50 for his major work, yet got 47/50 for his assessments. I got 46/50 for my major work. but since my assessments were (apparently) 36/50, it got scaled down to 41/50 for a raw mark.

So make sure your teacher is not an ass. And stab him if he is.

THERE'S your moral.

HSC
N/A
This is going a bit off track here, but look. Whatever mark you ultimately get is the mark you ultimately get. The more you dwell on the bad stuff that happened, the more you're living in the past.

I also had some scaling issues with my MW, but I've accepted it. That's the risk with EE2 - you can be screwed over quite quickly and easily. But I don't care anymore. I got the UAI I needed and am now in the uni course I wanted to get into. Even if I hadn't of gotten into my degree, I'd have done another one and transferred into my current one.

Whilst EE2 still remains very close to my heart, the whole marks thing is a very, very minor part of the things I remember. It's effect on me was not life-shattering, therefore not worth worrying about.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Well of course. I got into my dream uni course, surely you'll forgive my minor gripe with the stupid scaling system. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)