That Guy in First Year Law (1 Viewer)

circusmind

HSC
You, with the big voice in all my law lectures. Wtf, man? Do you just like the sound of yourself speaking, or what? Stop talking so damn much in lectures. I'm not paying to hear your enlightened opinions on a discipline you've spent two weeks on in your whole life, I'm here to learn from the lecturer.

In future, could you please:

1.) Not pester our friendly Torts lecturer with questions encompassing contract, criminal and international law. Irrelevant, stop wasting everyone's time.
2.) Not ask for minute levels of detail about assessments that aren't happening for several months and which concern topics we haven't even started yet. Yes, yes, I know, you can't wait....but still...curb the enthusiasm a bit, kay?
3.) Speak normal english. This is not a latin course, and you are not drafting laws right now. So could we keep your questions to one clause please? It takes you a minute to articulate the simplest question, what with all your 'neverthelesses', 'not withstandings' carefully placed to best illustrate your genius.
4.) STFU in the last minute of the class. No questions. We need to get to our next classes.

Is there a That Guy in every course, or was I just especially cursed?

iwannarock

HSC
hey,

sorry you can't be as enthusiastic about law as me.

next time you have a problem with it why don't you come talk to me after the lecture instead of posting on some internet message board.

cunt.

:wave:

circusmind

HSC
iwannarock said:
hey,

sorry you can't be as enthusiastic about law as me.

next time you have a problem with it why don't you come talk to me after the lecture instead of posting on some internet message board.

cunt.

iwannarock

HSC
circusmind said:
i didn't fool you at all did i.

i really should have made a new account and then posted in here.

damn!

my dream would have been to get in a big argument with you so bad that you go talk to the guy in the lecture and be like "wow you're a cunt on the internet too!"

no but seriously........welcome to law........i do it at maq......its the same deal.

law attracts that type of student.

just wait til you have some tutes. then the real fireworks begin.

circusmind

HSC
iwannarock said:
i didn't fool you at all did i.
Nope. But I still enjoyed it.

my dream would have been to get in a big argument with you so bad that you go talk to the guy in the lecture and be like "wow you're a cunt on the internet too!"
:rofl: Unlikely since I've got a few people in mind with the That Guy description. There seems to be at least one in every law lecture/tute I go to.

no but seriously........welcome to law........i do it at maq......its the same deal.

law attracts that type of student.

just wait til you have some tutes. then the real fireworks begin.
Yeah I suspected as much. Cheers.

Last edited:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
We have one in third year, his name is Matej. He is a premier tosser. Not only does he paint his fingernails and wear trench coats to class, not only does he have an amazingly annoying nasal drawl, he will badger the lecturer for the full length of any lecture he happens to be in.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
neo o said:
We have one in third year, his name is Matej. He is a premier tosser. Not only does he paint his fingernails and wear trench coats to class, not only does he have an amazingly annoying nasal drawl, he will badger the lecturer for the full length of any lecture he happens to be in.
I havent seen Maj around this year. What a legend. Outstanding description, but pro patria moray eel...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yes, these people are everywhere and they are a scum. I'll admit I used to probably lead some of my tutors on tangents (or at the very least, I always 'participated' in the class discussions), but I've realised now that this is a waste of everyone's time.

circusmind

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Yes, these people are everywhere and they are a scum. I'll admit I used to probably lead some of my tutors on tangents (or at the very least, I always 'participated' in the class discussions), but I've realised now that this is a waste of everyone's time.
In a tute it's nowhere near as bad. You expect some people to naturally talk more than others....and it's not obnoxious unless they're an absolute knob.

Lectures though....Seriously, in a room of 100+ people, there's no reason why the same bastard should have his hand up more than once in one sitting.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I've never had a lecturer that would actually take questioning like that constantly throughout a lecture.... That's amazing, what a bunch of tossers. I disagree on tutorials though, to me 90% of the questions I or anyone else may ask are usually pointless disgressions (however entertaining they may be) but I think it's more understandable in your first year or so.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
neo o said:
is he still in our law class?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
MissSavage29 said:
is he still in our law class?
I don't see why he wouldn't be, though I never go to class so I wouldn't know.

Mad Season

HSC
That guy shits me like nothing else.

too many nobs in law that think they know everything.

seunghur99

Master Procrastinator
HSC
I've met someone like that before, but he was in one of my tutes for I&S (Asia) last year. Don't remember his name, but as one example out of many, he was trying to convince us all that the Chinese Cultural Revolution was an economic "blip", and ate up all the discussion time with his idiocy.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)