The 2004 HSC - Mathematics Extension 1 Paper (1 Viewer)

Jezzabelle

I thought that was hard WAY TO MUCH READING.... grrrr no time for essay length questions BOS! what were you thinking?!?

anyways.. i'm predicting 15% if i am lucky :(

Jase

HSC
Holy crap alot harder than i expected. Lost like 6 marks in unanswered questions and probably another 4 marks in trivial mistakes.
gay. i think this was one of the harder papers to come out these few years.

CrashOveride

HSC
wrote the wrong question in wrong booklet, spent like 5min re writing it bahhhhh

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
I lost 7 makrs for sure and lets minus 4 for stupid mistakes therefore hopefully I get around 77/84.....bloody hard test!!

PhiL

Can anyone show me how to answer the following qs: 2b, 2e(i and ii), 5a(iand ii)? I thought it wasnt too bad but i made some stupid mistakes i think

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i thought the question was tough, but fair. it will certainly seperate the good from the bad, but i didnt think it was overly difficult, time consuming tho, first time in all the papers i've done than i went down 2 the wire.

lamchopz

Christian Unionist
HSC
i found this paper so easy to do. i basically did every question on the test the nite b4...like something similar. i rekn i will get some where around 82/84. i think i should of got 100% except for 2 stoopid mistakes i did in question 3 and 5. argh~~~

i was able to check my answer 2 and half times...thank god

hope everyone does well

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
I can't believe you kids who are saying you think you got over 70% do you do 4 Unit or something???

I think i'll be LUCKY to get over 50% raw mark - and I'm not crap at 3U maths either.

It was crap hard... I HATE binomial theorem and applications of calculus to the physical world. I can get like 2 marks max on question 7.

Freakin.

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
Xayma said:
Anywhere up to 83/84 grrr stupid mark. Up to 82 assuming no stupid mistakes I reackon, my last proof was a bit dodge I will only get 2 for that at best.
u better start crying now, thats a tragic mark.... really it is.

zac_campbell

well. firstly i must say it was better then i expected:) but i was expecting it to be really hard cause i am expecting to get like 40/84. i don't care that its not high but it probablily won't count with my uai cause i do 13units. the first q was good i should get 01 at least just i think i stuffed up the last part or the sub ques. overall i'm happy with how i went. 7 exams down 1 left and it'll be finished on a high and then my 18th PARTY!!!!!!

Leasha23

Hmm tres pissed off..

That exam so sucked! This is my second time round doing the HSC and I think even last years paper was like 10 times easier... my maths teacher reckons it was one of the hardest in the last few years...

I think the most difficult thing about the whole paper, however, was the fact that it required more than just a simple regurgitation of formulae and proofs - it was pretty extensive and detailed in the questioning, it was a long paper in itself, and required a lot of work to be done to answer each question..

DAMN YOU BOARD OF STUDIES... how dare u make us think! :p

VVoody

Nothing better to do ^_^
HSC
I'm thinking 60+. Hopefully ~65 if I have no stoopid errors

omg_a

HSC
don't you just hate it when it says prove this equals this, and, after two pages, you have ver cleverly proved it equals something else????

argh. not as bad as our trials. so hoping 70's. 80's would be amazing, but am doubting it. *sigh* there are so many incredibly smart people out there...well done you guys, if you think you can top. but how on earth do you finish it all?? i run out of time!!

quot

holy shit, some of you guys are hard on yourselves....

i reckon i'll get over 50%, perhaps a bit more. It was a fair test, but i still sucked at it, which is odd because i am normally good at these things

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)