The 2004 HSC - Society and Culture Paper (1 Viewer)

mishka

HSC
N/A
I was bored so i thought i'd type up the exam (even though noone has asked...) :)

Society and Culture 2004

SECTION I Part A

1. a) i. What is an interview?
ii. What is a questionnaire?

b) Distinguish between the usefulness of information that can be gained from an interview and from a questionnaire.

2. a) Identify TWO characteristics of a socially literate person.

b) How could you ensure that you demonstrate social literacy in a research project?

3. How does a theory of social change you have studied explain EITHER continuity OR change?

SECTION I Part B

4. From the list below, select ONE of the features of society and culture that demonstrates continuity and change in the country you have studied.
- education
- beliefs, values, lifestyles
- social welfare and health
- gender roles and the status of women and men
- laws and the legal system
- government institutions
- family life and population changes

a) Describe change that has occurred in your selected feature in the country you have studied.

b) Considering both positive and negative effects of the change you have described, assess whether this change is necessarily progress.

SECTION II Depth Studies

5. POPULAR CULTURE

a) Evaluate the effect of globalisation on the ownership and control of ONE popular culture.

OR

b) Analyse the impact of changing technology on access to and interaction with popular culture.

6. BELIEF SYSTEMS

a) Evaluate the effect of change on beliefs within ONE belief system you have studied.

OR

b) Analyse the impact of globalisation on the nature and extent of belief systems within OR outside Australia.

7. EQUALITY AND DIFFERENCE

a) Analyse the effect of inequality on access to socially valued resources in ONE society.

OR

b) Evaluate the role of legislation, community initiatives and welfare systems in reducing inequality.

8. WORK AND LEISURE

a) Analyse the effect of change on patterns of work and leisure in ONE society.

OR

b) Evaluate the impact of power and authority on employment, unemployment and personal identity.

mishka

HSC
N/A
that's ok, it was good practice for my typing!! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)