Parlez Francais!
HSC
All I like at the moment is
1. BA Liberal Studies (int) @ USYD
2. BA Advanced Arts @ USYD
3. BA Arts @ USYD
4. BA Arts (Europe) @ ANU
5. BA Arts/Law @ ANU

Probably will major in one of these areas: Politics, English or History (Maybe Philosophy)

I want to be a diplomat.

HSC
All courses at ANU to do with asian studies and commerce.. and perhaps arts. And courses at UC regarding banking and finance. I can't wait til we get to put them in and I wish it would hurry up!

mack

Banned
HSC
Quick question: If youre a full fee paying student, do you still have to get a certain mark to be eligible, or could you pay full fees and do your desired course with a UAI of <30?

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
with full fee paying courses they still have a uai cutoff tat is similar to the HECS cutoff. most courses give aobut 2- 4 pts concession for full fee paying students. so if u get an uai of < 30, there are no uni courses that are of that uai, even if u want to pay the full fee

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
1. Arts/Law UNSW
2. Media and Comm/Law UTS
3. Public Comm/Law UTS
4. Business/Law UTS
4. Arts/Law MAQ
5. Arts USYD
6. Not Sure
7. Not Sure
8. Not Sure
9. Not Sure

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
truly-in-bliss said:
with full fee paying courses they still have a uai cutoff tat is similar to the HECS cutoff. most courses give aobut 2- 4 pts concession for full fee paying students. so if u get an uai of < 30, there are no uni courses that are of that uai, even if u want to pay the full fee
And damnit don't those 4 or so marks make all the difference :(

mack

Banned
HSC
A family friend just one the lottery, $200000. Guess i if dont get the marks for law i can go beg her for money.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Ok I've sort of managed to brainstorm and pull out a few course but they are in a mumble jumbled order :p

arts/law ANU

arts USYD

liberal studies USYD (I dont really like this course but I have to fill 9 spaces somehow)

arts/law MQ (i know people think MQ is awful for Law but I'd prefer to do Law at MQ than plain arts at USYD)

maybe a journalism course and some international relations thingo at ANU

I need to do more research and at least get the names of the courses correct. Most of the course lie in the early to mid 90's :(

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
kimmeh said:
Yes, UTS offer it as a single degree with about a UAI of 97
97.5 actually, which is pointless because it also has one or two of it's combined degrees at the same cutoff :/. Like since it doesn't take up to many extra hours i'd combine it with something im not THAT interested in...just because i might as well heh ;)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'll just decide on a random combination of science and engineering courses.

mishka

HSC
N/A
I wanna do primary teaching but I'm not quite sure what my preferences will end up being... I'm going to a few Open Days to check them all out, but so far I've got:
1. BEd (Primary) ACU Strathfield
2. BEd " UWS Bankstown
3. BEd " USyd
4. BEd " UWS Penrith
5. BEd " UOW
6. BEd (Middle Schooling) CSU (bit far away but!!)

That's all so far!!! I can't wait till we get our guides!!!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I'll just put combinations of Science and Engineering courses, doubt I will fill in all of them for VTAC though.

|Axis_

HSC
I hope u guys find what's important to u and do it in the end. Making my choices, to me, was like a defining point in my life - it's difficult to decide between what u like, money, employment prospects, parents' choice, etc etc..

i remember there was so much emphasis around me about how commerce was 'the thing to do' - it was like what the high UAI people were supposed to do.. commerce never did it for me, though. I mean, it never sparked that sense of excitement or curiosity in me like maths, science and engineering.

i remember telling my friend how i felt some weeks before the uni offers came out, and he quoted "do what you like, and you will never work a day in your life".

i declined my commerce/science offer for engineering/science. it's an area i have a passion for. :)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
was going to do Actuarial studies/Law at MQ

but i think even with VTAC u may.. especiallyin med since rural bonded are separate places on vtac form.. and they hav B Pharm/BComm @ monash.. :p applying to many pref will boarden ure options.. in case things dun come out favourable. :D

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
the UAC this year are all red coloured :(
umm i still havent pinpoint which courses i want to do@
thank god we are allowed to change them after we receive the results

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)