The 9 Preferences (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The course I WANT to do is a preety low mark (80), and it's a bloody bother finding lower courses in the midst of the infamous 99.99s...i mean, hypothetically I could put a 90 something mark first and be accepted to it, only to discover I dont want to do it...
I also have heart set on Canberra, so there's no point applying for anything else anywhere...AAAHHH
It's pretty unreasonable to ask people for prefrences before getting their UAI.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
Iron Woman, you can change your preferences up to the 5th of January
yes, you can do this - but doesnt the UAC book say you have to have your preferences in by a much earlier date to be eligible for consideration in the main round of offers? if you apply during the late applications period (ie. 5th january), then you can only be considered for the late round offers.
meh, neway: preferences:
1. Bachelor of Physiotherapy
2. Bachelor of Biomedical Science
3. Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science
4. Bachelor of Science
5. Bachelor of Speech Pathology

actually, it doesnt really matter what i do or what UAI i get, coz i want 2 do dentistry, which is post-grad...so i guess im lucky with that - i want 2 do well, but i dont have the 'OMG i NEED 99.97 to get my course type thing.'

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i just dont know if its worth it

recently ive been thinking i want to study psychology, but its a full 8 yrs to become fully registered psychologist

plus i dont have the uai i want so- ill have to maybe study science for 1/2 yrs then transfer.

i just dont want to be a student my whole life.

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
hooray did diz 2 mins ago:

1. 601070 visual communication - uts

2. 103304 visual art/design - acu

3. 300137 media in multimedia - mq

4. 113304 visual art/design - acu

5. 422001 art media/communication - unsw

6. 701655 business international - uws (parra)

7. 601033 property economic - uts

8. 103303 art/business - acu

9. 702700 design communication - uws (penerith)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
silvermoon said:
yes, you can do this - but doesnt the UAC book say you have to have your preferences in by a much earlier date to be eligible for consideration in the main round of offers? if you apply during the late applications period (ie. 5th january), then you can only be considered for the late round offers.
meh, neway
No, you must have your application with UAC by the 30th September to avoid paying late fees but you can change the prefrences for the main round until the 5th of Janurary.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
i just dont want to be a student my whole life.
Well put!
...I just tried to enter my prefs but i think i need to lift the 190 thingo...stupid crabby telsta lady wouldnt let me do it without mother.

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
1. B Arts (languages) @ USYD
2. B Arts (advanced) @ USYD
3. B Arts @ USYD

nice and simple =)
how come everyones putting so many pref's up? (as in filling out all 9) is it mainly to do with UAIs or do ppl find it really hard deciding what course to do and just put a whole heap on? or is it in order to keep a whole lot of options open for what course to do next yr in case u change ur mind last minute?

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
Xayma said:
No, you must have your application with UAC by the 30th September to avoid paying late fees but you can change the prefrences for the main round until the 5th of Janurary.
there are a few courses you can't add after september 30, like medicine at UNSW and probably newcastle too... so yeah, just keep that in mind. But otherwise, don't bother with the phone, doing it by internet is so much easier if you can.

jellybeenz

HSC
Ugh.... I'm so unsure... My preferences are as follows:

1. B Liberal Studies USYD
2. B Arts USYD
3. B Arts Media & Comm. UNSW
4. B Arts UNSW
5. B Arts Media & Comm. (Writing & C.C.) UTS
6. B Arts Media & Comm. Macquarie
7. B Arts Macquarie
8. B Arts Wollongong
9. B Arts UWS

I dunno if I'm putting them all in the right order... I really want to go to USyd, UNSW or UTS.... Macquarie is just so far away from where I live, I don't know if I can be fucked travelling that far but I can't deny the courses are good...

My mother is very anti-Wollongong thats why she is making me have it as one of my last preferences. But I reckon it'd be easier to get to than Macquarie.... Is either of those two Unis much better than the other?

Western Sydney is my last preference... if I get a UAI of 74... I'll be doing Yr 12 again....

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
jellybeenz said:
Western Sydney is my last preference... if I get a UAI of 74... I'll be doing Yr 12 again....
Just do arts anywhere if that happens. Then you can do brilliantly and transfer to your desired course/uni...no one can seriously want to do the hsc again.

04er

HSC
Hang on, I thought that if I put 9 preferences now, I can still decide to take away half of them after 30 sept and replace them with other courses, as well as change order of preferences. Please tell me I'm not wrong.

J

jhakka

Changed my preferences:

Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Writing & Cont Cultures) at University of Technology, Sydney

Bachelor of Education (Sec: Humanities & Social Sciences)/Bachelor of Arts at University of Sydney

Bachelor of Arts at University of Sydney

Bachelor of Arts at University of New South Wales

Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Teaching at UWS

Bachelor of Arts at UWS

Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism) at University of Technology, Sydney

Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) at University of Sydney

Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) at University of New South Wales

JTP

hmm....all my preferences are for art courses in SCA and COFA

the confusing thing is why do you need such a high UAI just to do ART?

i always thought art comes from creative thinking...not from structured intelligence

:-/

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
1. Bachelor of design in Fashion and textiles design (UTS)
2. Bachelor of education (secondary D+T) (USYD)
3. Bachelor of teaching/ design and technology (UNEW)
4. Bachelor of education (secondary technology) (UWS)
5. Bachelor of design/ art education (UNSW)
6. Barchelor of education (design and tech) (CSU)

okay i want to be a costume designer and all they really have is one relevant course!
there are others but they only have a minor compnent so i decided to become a textiles teacher (boring i know) i will only do it if i don't get into tafe (which also only has one course)
but hey ill probs change my mind later on neway

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I hope everyone's got theirs in...they close today.

kylie_robbo

mizz_smee said:
6. Barchelor of education (design and tech) (CSU)
You are the first person that I have seen to put down Ed for CSU... But you'd be doing Secondary Ed... There is hope for me yet! (that I'll get into first choice Uni course [B Education (Pri) @ CSU Wagga, Bathurst or Dubbo])

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)