• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Alchemist (1 Viewer)

^emmie^

HSC
Hey has anyone used the Alchemist for their related material if so do you have any info that you can pass on?

do you think that it is a good book to do?

thanks

^emmie^

HSC
plz any one with any info can u help me out

my related material log is due this wk

HSC
I was thinking about doing this text, but i'm not sure how to link it to imaginative journeys yet =/.

^emmie^

HSC
yer thats what i thought but after a while i just said it was an imaginative journey cause the journey he goes on is instigated from the reccuring dreams he had
imagination=dreams

thegypsy

HSC
i wanted to do this book after reading the big write up but ive searched the internet and i cant find any information that i could use that would represent an imaginary journey and now im pissed coz i felt like ive wasted my time reading it...for nothing:bomb:

^emmie^

HSC
thats what i originaly though but if you just relli think bout it youll figure it out ive started but dont have much i handed it to my teacher a while ago so should get it back soon then ill share my ideans with u if u want

Amaybro

HSC
The Alchemist is probably a good text to do. I did it for a HW question we had on imag. journeys but its not very good (wrote it 2 mins on the bus :p) and i'm doing paradise lost as my real related txt so can't help you too much...

I would focus on motifs and symbols (religious allusions maybe?) Idea of continuous journey, the fact that he wanted to travel the journey (his discussion with his dad), how he changed during his journey, the girl (looking forward to a resulting factor of the journey) etc. Define how it relates to a journey and its imaginative elements...

I would relate it to road not taken because its easy but if you are looking for a challenge try journey to the interior...

P.S. just because you cannot find stuff on the net about it does not make it a bad one to use! try and think yourselves too :p

thegypsy

HSC
im planning on linking it to the ivory trail also check your private messages because i sent you one if you want to share notes....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)