The Amazing Human Body (1 Viewer)

Haku

i saw this in todays paper(sydney morning herald) and on the Channel 10 news today. I wonder what people think about it. Is it just wrong to put peoples bodies on display.

here is their website.
http://www.amazinghumanbody.com.au

Kulazzi

HSC
well, it is up to the individual. I mean, they offered/donated their body into science therefore giving permission for their body to be used in any way possible, relating to education. And if I heard on ten news correctly, some have even posed simply for the purpose of the exhibition (like that chess one...)

Although personally, I would not want my dead body put on display.

davin

HSC
N/A
if the people agreed to it, why not?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Thats sad, we eat chicken, murder people, rape people, lick people, do all sorts of questionable things and your suggesting putting a dead body on show is wrong?-WOW

Kulazzi

HSC
davin said:
if the people agreed to it, why not?
Exactly. I don't think it's disgusting though. It is fascinating to learn about the human body with one right in front of you, so you know what's happening and what's going on. I guess that is why I failed science in junior high school because all they gave us was sheets :rolleyes:

davin

HSC
N/A
eating chicken is SO not questionable. If we're not suppoed to eat it, then why does EVERYTHING taste like it?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
HotShot said:
Thats sad, we eat chicken, murder people, rape people, lick people
I concur. Licking someone should be a jailable offence on par with rape and murder.

davin

HSC
N/A
if thats a crime, man i wanna be a victim
(note: from female aggresors only)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
davin said:
eating chicken is SO not questionable. If we're not suppoed to eat it, then why does EVERYTHING taste like it?
it tastes like everything cos u havent tasted everything.

I used to think chicken was the best, it was always tasty, could be combined with anything.

But now, i hardly eat chicken, why? I went India, and trust food in india is awesome considering the price an all. Enormous variety, just proved that chicken bland like salt and fat, everyone likes it, but its ordinary.

Lamb, Goat, Brain, liver, kidneys, crab, prawns, trust me chicken doesnt taste like any of these delicious items. My favourite is Lamb, tenderness is incredible flavour is beautiful and taste is wonderful.

I have also tried, deer, kangaroo, various fish, quail, turkey, duck, rabbit? (not yet i want to tho),
vegies: in a similar fashion to chicken, potatoes can be combined with anything, and i actually potatoes.
bok choy, spinach, carrot, pumpkins, beans, eggplants, mushrooms, soya beans, tomatoes, lettuce, cabbage, cauliflower (love this), herbs-mint,basil,curry leaves etc.

So chicken is pretty dull..

HotShot

-_-
HSC
davin said:
it tastes like everything cos u havent tasted everything.

I used to think chicken was the best, it was always tasty, could be combined with anything.

But now, i hardly eat chicken, why? I went India, and trust food in india is awesome considering the price an all. Enormous variety, just proved that chicken bland like salt and fat, everyone likes it, but its ordinary.

Lamb, Goat, Brain, liver, kidneys, crab, prawns, trust me chicken doesnt taste like any of these delicious items. My favourite is Lamb, tenderness is incredible flavour is beautiful and taste is wonderful.

I have also tried, deer, kangaroo, various fish, quail, turkey, duck, rabbit? (not yet i want to tho),
vegies: in a similar fashion to chicken, potatoes can be combined with anything, and i actually potatoes.
bok choy, spinach, carrot, pumpkins, beans, eggplants, mushrooms, soya beans, tomatoes, lettuce, cabbage, cauliflower (love this), herbs-mint,basil,curry leaves etc.

So chicken is pretty dull..

davin

HSC
N/A
see, hotshot, what i said was something generally known as a "joke".
not a good one, but joke nonetheless.

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i remember seeing this somewhere. pretty cool stuff
Maybe on Discovery Channel or something. I remember watching a show on it. Twas interesting. But I wasn't a huge fan of the plastinated babies. Just feels a little odd to me to be getting insight into our physiology by looking at dead babies.

But they showed a dead camel getting plastinated. That was interesting to see the process.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
davin said:
see, hotshot, what i said was something generally known as a "joke".
not a good one, but joke nonetheless.
joke or not, i took it in a serious manner. cos everyone goes around saying chicken taste like everything - pisses me off.

Aznpsycho

Supplies!
HSC
N/A
The chicken thing has degenerated into an absurd catchphrase, completely devoid of meaning or significance. Like astrology.

I wholeheartedly support this new business venture. This sort of thing is great for educating people about the complexity of life, and anything that can help fund scientific research is AOK in my book.

Haku

i went there today and its really really great. The full body exhibits were amazing. Especially the one where a 2meter tall guy cut into 200 peice and stretched on a table for 14meters. But i gotta complain that there was too many people.

Spirits

HSC
N/A
hey dont the medical students at UNSW have to go to this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)