The Amazing Race 9 (1 Viewer)

unistudent

HSC
when does this start on channel 7? i saw an advert saying its coming soon, but i don't know when.. can't be missing the first episode now.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Re: amazing race

Which season is this? I know there was a season with family teams that aired in the US but it doesn't look like we're getting that one :confused:

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC

dont worry..channel 7 will put more & more ads on the closer it gets (after the winter Os). cos since they won the globe, 7 LOVES them!

i remember before than, i had to get up at 11am on sundays to watch it & i only found out that it was on by flicking through the channels

i want a australian version!!!
did u see the one were they went to sydney??? OMG that was heaps funny;

[one says to her partner] hey do u know how to speak aussie?' 'oh yeah, i learnt it on a course'

[mission - find Circular Quay] *guy goes up to a blue collar worker* 'hey hey mate, yeah G'day! were's Circular quay (doesnt say 'key') mate?'
'you mean Circular Quay (says it as 'key')?'
'no no mate, circular quay mate'
'yes circular quay....its said as 'key' '
'no no mate, i mean.....blah blah blah'

lol...americans..*shakes head*

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC

yep.. it's one of the shows that i actually enjoy watching.. :) can't wait

unistudent

HSC

ya i wonder which city... this is season 8 i think.. i think season 7 was the family one.

i hope they don't visit india this year.. for the simple fact that they ALWAYS visit india.. i think they visited india 4 out of the 6 previous seasons. season 7 was predominantly in the usa i think.

s2indie

HSC

it starts on the thursday after the winter olympics..
so excited.. they apparantly come to either Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.
i heard the family one was really crap, and i didnt want to see that one anyway.

unistudent

HSC

s2indie said:
it starts on the thursday after the winter olympics..
so excited.. they apparantly come to either Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.
i heard the family one was really crap, and i didnt want to see that one anyway.
lol it was crap. each team was 4 ppl, and there was like 11 teams. so thats 44 people.. you couldnt remember anyone's name! plus, because there was so many and the show was only 1 hour, they couldnt cover each team properly.

this one should be much better =D

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC

unistudent said:
lol it was crap. each team was 4 ppl, and there was like 11 teams. so thats 44 people.. you couldnt remember anyone's name! plus, because there was so many and the show was only 1 hour, they couldnt cover each team properly.

this one should be much better =D
and didnt they jsut stick to the america area, and they would of had not much extreme tasks.

HSC

yes they always go to india! and the americans always complain about the smell and then vow to win the money to donate to the poor street kids there.

i have loved this show since the beginning. there is nothing like stumbling across a great show like i did with this in like year 8 or so. the only other person who had heard of it or seen it then was my friend in german and we used to discuss it excitingly. it was so freaky to find another fan.

does every1 remember team guido? and lenny and karen where karen used to always yell at him. they were classic. season 3 was my fav season though.

unistudent

HSC

shortygb said:
and didnt they jsut stick to the america area, and they would of had not much extreme tasks.
ya, it was mostly in north america. i think.. they went to panama? i just heard. but yeah, mostly in the usa.

something_funny said:
yes they always go to india! and the americans always complain about the smell and then vow to win the money to donate to the poor street kids there.

i have loved this show since the beginning. there is nothing like stumbling across a great show like i did with this in like year 8 or so. the only other person who had heard of it or seen it then was my friend in german and we used to discuss it excitingly. it was so freaky to find another fan.

does every1 remember team guido? and lenny and karen where karen used to always yell at him. they were classic. season 3 was my fav season though.
i think my favorite season was season 5, the one where there were these 2 cousins and one of them was a midget.

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC

unistudent said:
ya, it was mostly in north america. i think.. they went to panama? i just heard. but yeah, mostly in the usa.

i think my favorite season was season 5, the one where there were these 2 cousins and one of them was a midget.
that midget was sooo annoying
i have to agree with you guys can wait for the new season

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad

I watched all of Season 8 (the family one), and it wasn't as good as the normal AR, but still entertaining.

They went to New Orleans like a week before Hurricane Katrina...

unistudent

HSC

shortygb said:
would of been even more entertaining if they went during hurricane katrina...:D
lol, somewhat xD

i hope this upcoming season has good destinations. every few seasons there is one where they will spend too much time in either europe or africa.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad

Looks like channel 7 is showing the family series this thursday...boring destinations (ie they spend most of the time in the US, and they go to Canada and Central America too)

unistudent

HSC

Minai said:
Looks like channel 7 is showing the family series this thursday...boring destinations (ie they spend most of the time in the US, and they go to Canada and Central America too)
nooo are you serious? where did you get this information?

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC

if they are showing the family one that stayed in the americas, then why are they saying that they will be heading to australia?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)