• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Anime Thread (2 Viewers)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
ok ok i just finished the entire cowboy bebop saga. ill say on the record that it was the best anime i have ever seen
story 10/10
animation 10/10
action 10/10

i never believe that endings are perfect but i was proved wrong. the whole spike julia vicious thing was unbelievable.

Saul

*ss
HSC
for sure, bebop has a sweet sweet ending... develops all the characters so well.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
The quality of anime out there is amazing. I grew up with DBZ, I'll never bag it. I was introduced to anime through DBZ. I loved it right up until the end of the Buu saga. Then, DBGT cam in and it was so CRAP. The animation was so dark and depressing, but done very poorly (unlike Jin-roh) and it really didn't the suit the more bobby and half serious feeling of DBZ. Plus, there wern't any more jokes and the major bad guys are terrible. Also, the music is SHIT. What happened to the funky beats that were so prominent in DBZ that always started when the major bad guys turned up. (Androids and Cell fight were best if anybody remembers them).

Just dicovered Fruits Basket, it's tops.

leathaface

^ DBGT was ok... I enjoyed Dragon Ball series when they are not English. Its not a racist thing... the chinese dubbed version kept the Japanese title songs like they do with all of the anime (Slam Dunk, Hunter X Hunter, Gundam etc), and also they are more hardcore... I believe that the English versions are cut and edited to suit children am I not correct? The Asian and Japanese version is intended to be more graphic and violent. I recall reading the manga and watching a GBZ movie... that was violence to the very end.

Jin roh is a good anime... though boring... its good animation and good story.

funniboi

HSC
hunter x hunter is gettin better.

i'm juts curious -- does he stick with the fishing rod the whole series?

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
funniboi said:
read ? is gantz a manga?

i was about to download it, but it got licenced too..
nah they just stopped airing since the first season is finished, not too sure what the hell is happening now

but yeah course its a manga :) pretty far up there too, up to volume 14 or something? not too sure was close to getting capped im up to about volume 9 now.

Hmm i only read GANTZ out of sheer boredom since nothing else is coming out atm (gg samurai 7 and its licence bullshit..., champloo 16 slow as FUCK? Monster --> slowest of them all)

but hsc is nearing its end so ill be back on the anime bandwagon in no time :)

---
oh btw anyone following up on berserk manga?
or are you all waiting for the hawks release ya lazy bums!

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I read the Berserk manga for a fair few volumes, but I got a bit bored and ditched it when Gatts started going on a monster bashing rampage. I think it was around volume 16-18. Never stayed on it long enough to see Griffith make his return. FMA/Takahashi/Fruits Basket mangas much more enjoyable. Even Naruto manga's more enjoyable actually.

Tabris

HSC
The best anime are those with strong meaning inside them "ghost in the shell" and End of eva and princess Mnonoke, as well as mixed genre's, such as cowboy bebop(jazz + sci fi + american western) and classics such as Ninja Scrolls etc.

I think those movies were the golden age of anime, theres not so much anime these days that stand out, anyway whens Ghost in the Shell 2 out?, its already out in US

cain2060

Best anime, Really good comedy anime are Full Metal Panic - Fummafu, Love HIna (is alright), His and her cercumstances (new but looks alright), and RANMA 1\2 (classic). Best action anime NARUTO and DragonBall Z\GT. BUt seriusly Full metal Alchemist is the best anime of all time with 51 episodes really worth watching. REALLY RALLY good

funniboi

HSC
Full metal Alchemist aye?

isnt that licenced?

where can you get it from ?

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
jim_green said:
I read the Berserk manga for a fair few volumes, but I got a bit bored and ditched it when Gatts started going on a monster bashing rampage. I think it was around volume 16-18. Never stayed on it long enough to see Griffith make his return. FMA/Takahashi/Fruits Basket mangas much more enjoyable. Even Naruto manga's more enjoyable actually.
lol true that monster bashing rampage did get annoying but its much more interesting now.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
FMA is licensed, but you can get it on bittorrent for sure. My friend downloads it for me XD. Just finished, definitely one of the best series out there. The only series longer than 26 episodes I've been able to sit through actually.

funniboi

HSC
i just finished watching hunter x hunter the tv series, next up -- the ova's
after that, im in a bit of a situation..

i'm after fma, fmp, ghost in the shell, and cowboy bebop!

but yeah, i don't think there is enough seeds on bt to get em,
my best chance is to goto sgl aye?

my 80gb is nearly full i must burn burn.

any of you guys go sgl to leech ?!?! or any other places?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)