The Art Of Cramming? Teach me (1 Viewer)

muscleman09

HSC
Basically, I would like some information on 'How to cram'.
I know im used to cramming the night before an exam, but i really dont know how... and right now, after receiving my report/ half yearlies, i believe its time to step up a notch.... maybe a few...

This type of cramming is not for an exam in 1 or 2 days, I'm talking about preparing for the Trials like a crazy mother !*^&*#@#.

Please take this seriously... but is there any particular way in study cramming every night? Should i study 2-3 hours ONLY, every night as though i had an exam on the next day? I was always told, study as though your under pressure, that way you concentrate harder.

Also, when it comes to cramming, should i do short segments of 1 hour per subjects? or 2 hours on 1 subject?

If anyone has any information on the best cramming methods, i dont know, like using syllabus... anything.... watever, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys, and goodluck:headbang:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Basically, I would like some information on 'How to cram'.
I know im used to cramming the night before an exam, but i really dont know how... and right now, after receiving my report/ half yearlies, i believe its time to step up a notch.... maybe a few...

This type of cramming is not for an exam in 1 or 2 days, I'm talking about preparing for the Trials like a crazy mother !*^&*#@#.

Please take this seriously... but is there any particular way in study cramming every night? Should i study 2-3 hours ONLY, every night as though i had an exam on the next day? I was always told, study as though your under pressure, that way you concentrate harder.

Also, when it comes to cramming, should i do short segments of 1 hour per subjects? or 2 hours on 1 subject?

If anyone has any information on the best cramming methods, i dont know, like using syllabus... anything.... watever, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys, and goodluck:headbang:
Do not do that, under pressure you wont learn as much, trust me. Just calm down, spread it out, about an hour study then 10 minute break, get some fresh air in and keep doing stretches, washing your face, coffee (lol).

Its better if u've already made your own notes from the syllabus, if not do that ASAP or your effed (no joke).

Dont just focus on only 1 subject, do abuot 2-3 a night and if you get home at about 3-4, study o about 11-12 (if you can) and make sure you dont bludge.

again do not put too much pressure on, it will make it harder, just study skowly and take everything in.

Good luck!

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Yeah I heard Ice is pretty good at helping you concentrate, why not try that?

No but seriously, what you're asking isn't cramming.. You're asking people how to study.
Good luck with that.

muscleman09

HSC
Yeah I heard Ice is pretty good at helping you concentrate, why not try that?

No but seriously, what you're asking isn't cramming.. You're asking people how to study.
Good luck with that.

no no... i asked how to cram, people are answering "how to study"

Study should be spread into 50 minute sessions. Im talking about how to cram a subject in 1 hour over 2 months.

youngjeeezyyyyyy...<--- dont know why i said that.

well goodnight to u all... 5-11pm study time here i come :burn:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
no no... i asked how to cram, people are answering "how to study"

Study should be spread into 50 minute sessions. Im talking about how to cram a subject in 1 hour over 2 months.

youngjeeezyyyyyy...<--- dont know why i said that.

well goodnight to u all... 5-11pm study time here i come :burn:
lol you cant cram.... just take it easy, or u'll blow up@!!

dp624

HSC
cramming isn't the most effective of study techniques so yeah =.=

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
lol, there is no 'art' to cramming, the whole point is that you sit down and rote learn either till the next morning, till your mind can no longer function, or till you run out of coffee.

q3thefish

HSC
No-Doz ftw the night before...
ROFL No-Doz is pretty hardcore stuff lol.

I knew a dude who took it to stay awake playing Wow lol - what an idiot.

But yeh, what you're asking is not really cramming, it's more studying. Just try different methods and see the end result.

afrodite92

HSC
Actually, you can cram

But only a few can get away with it, as in < time of study and get pretty good marks.

There's a way which works (for me)

But you have to at least do it three nights before the exam.

Memorise the chapter by re-writing and talking to yourself about it, just memorise the passages, say it backwards.
Do this for three days/ subject

Then you're ready to go.

good luck

HSC
Ok well today i had a math exam (2 unit accelerate Half YEarlies) and i didnt study for maths since well... last yr (year 10)... so i did 2 days (saturday and sunday) of math..with a record breaking (not actually saying its a record, but more a play on words) 10 hours a day. Some how i think i did well i nthat exam :p.. so if that isnt cramming what is.

LordPc

HSC
its not really something you can teach. you either have it or you dont

but if you want to try it, you just get your textbook and make notes, read through your school work and do questions. and you try to do as much as you can in one night with as few breaks as possible. if you are properly cramming, you should get through everything before your usual bed time. (going beyond is silly. eg, cramming till 4am. you will wake up too tired to do well. you need a solid sleep session for the cram to work)

if you find you are not going to get it all done on time, you arent cramming right and need to do the study in less depth so you can at least touch on every topic.

and thats how its done

ofcourse, good study is cramming on a smaller scale. for example, cramming for the 4u test would involve going through conics, complex numbers, graphing, mechanics, and a bunch of other crap in 1 night (lol, GL with this!) but proper study would involve cramming on one topic each night. so you would cram on conics a week before. then cram on complex numbers 6 days before. then cram on graphing 5 days before... then cram on mechanics the night before. so you are still cramming, just on a smaller scale, so you get much more done.

but proper study would be cramming on an even smaller and longer scale. so a month before the 4u test you study the first part of conics. then the day after that you would study the next part of conics, then after a few days you would finish conics and study the first part of complex numbers. etc. so you give more time to each area.

so you can cram. if you want. but if you want to do better, cramming on a regular basis (also known by some as "studying" would be better)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
you can cram the whole hsc course (bar 4unit math) in like 3 days.

rote-learn it

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lol, there is no 'art' to cramming, the whole point is that you sit down and rote learn either till the next morning, till your mind can no longer function, or till you run out of coffee.
mmmm yummm

+2

Ok well today i had a math exam (2 unit accelerate Half YEarlies) and i didnt study for maths since well... last yr (year 10)... so i did 2 days (saturday and sunday) of math..with a record breaking (not actually saying its a record, but more a play on words) 10 hours a day. Some how i think i did well i nthat exam :p.. so if that isnt cramming what is.
cramming would be spending 15 hours the night before and acing the exam the next day lol :rofl: more for big major exams, not small ones

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)