The Art of War - Sun Tzu (1 Viewer)

Merforga

This book is a translation of "The Art of War" written by Sun Tzu, a famous tactician in Imperial China. It's basically about how war works and the most effective ways to win a war, however, the concepts that it brings up can also be applied to real life which makes it very thought provoking. It's one of my most favourite books. Comments?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Had to sorta look into it for Modern History (indochina - vietnam war - guerilla warfare etc etc)...sort of a yawn :p

MoNNiE

HSC
yes it is possible to apply it to ur own life.. but, never apply the principles to relationships!! "|

it's an interesting read though

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
It's more a book that tells you how to be successful in life, not very philosophical at all. Being successful in life is good though :p

lengstar

HSC
i read this corporate version and thought it was crap cause the ideas presented were common sense. i need to get an original copy so i can interpret the ideas myself then i'll read other interpretations of it but it is kind of a bore.

Merforga

It's a hard book to find. The Angus and Robertson bookstore on George street i think it is.....is it angus or dymocks? Well the really big 3 storey one. That one has like 5 different versions of it the last time i checked. Its a short walk from the QVB in the city.

ravenheart

HSC
thanks Merforga, i'll look for it around George st. or other dymocks stores

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)