THE arts degree wot is it??? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Considering i dont think i'll make it into commerce
and dat i'll b prolly in arts n dat most ppl go into arts
wot the hell is so good bout it?? :rolleyes:

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
you can pick any subject from anywhere in the uni, provided that you have one arts major. so if you wanted, you can double major, something in arts, and another thing in science, eg. sociology and psychology.

HSC
yeah i no... hmmmmm but y are the smart ppl bagging out the arts ppl.... dat shux!!
wot subjects are recommended??? n e good ones???

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i think arts gets bagged out because of the lack of direction and employment opportunities. say one person does a b. psychology and another does a b. arts with majors in psychology, the b. psychology student would have more recognition because of the name of the degree..

well thats just what i think...

as for what subjects you should do, do what interests you. if you like economics, do economics, if you like software development, do software development. what i'd suggest is that turn up to some of the lectures on the other subjects you are intested in for the first week, and then if you like the subject, transfer into it!! but be sure to cancel your enrolment in any of the other subjects you don't want to do so that you don't incur any unnecessary hecs debt!

David27

Arts is painting pretty pictures, sculpting weird things, singing 18th century ditties tit willow tit willow, reciting long tone poems, listening to Wagner's Das Ring Der Nebilugen for it's sixteen hour duration etc....

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
Originally posted by David27
Um No.........Oscar Wilde...Picture of Dorian Gay..classics...arts again!

are you for real david27??

izi

HSC
since im at uni 25-30 hours per week of course i am going to bag out someone who has 12. oh but wait, they have so many readings to do... guess what, so do i!

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
hahaha... yeah arts isn't exactly as laid back as you may think. my friend is doing an arts course at usyd and they have a lot of readings plus all those essay style assessments!!

hey commerce people only have 12 hours as well.

izi

HSC
maybe the phrase "laid back" shouldnt be used. at uni all (or maybe most) courses require you to do work. so arts degree is "a degree requiring least amount of work in comparison to other degrees"
assessments? i have those too! and in my assessments i have 20 references, not 2

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
hahaha... ok izi i get your point.. but i don't think its fair for people to bag out arts students because they arn't required to do more work than those in other degrees. and don't forget, people choose what they want to do, so if they want to be 'lazy' then they'll go for an arts degree!

izi

HSC
they can choose whatever they want and be as lazy as they want to be as long as they stop complaining and whinging that "arts degree is so hard!"

santaslayer

HSC
no.....some people are forced into arts coz they cant get the required uai and want to transfer right?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
point taken santa... yeah some people use the b. arts as a fall back option.

i don't know of any arts students complaining about how hard their degree is.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
Originally posted by Generator
An arts degree can be just as hard as any other.
yeah, definitely...I think arts is harder than a lot of other degrees

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Depends on what you're majoring in...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)