• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

the arts-psyche degree (1 Viewer)

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
yeah i found that would happen, i dont really want to do the other phil topics offered for first year though, so i guess i'm stuck.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
I read in the Maq handbook that first year Psychology is limited in vacancies. Being B arts-Psych i'll always get in it right?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yes you will. they have taken students like you who have to do the psych subjects as core into account, and you will get a place. it's the other people who either do straight arts, or who want to choose psych as an elective who aren't guaranteed a place.

HSC
go arts ppl i hope i'll c u!!
i know wot i wanna do now :D
good luck for ur timetables

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
welll yeahh but for everyone i guess :)

post ur subjects and if u have any clashes??

i do for psy104 and dem127 ... hrrm its only one lecture for one hour so i shud be ok

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
I'm likely to do the following:

PSY104
AHST100 (clashes with Psy.so i guess evening course for me :/)
ACST101
PHIL137

PSY105
AHST101
PHIL131
STAT170

I'm hoping ACST101 and STAT170 fulfil my maths fetish :) because i found that i probably can't do Maths 135 due to a simple clash.

Tell me if this makes sense:
If i can do maths 135, ill probably swap ACST101 and STAT170 with MATHS135 and MATHS136 and do STAT170 as a yearly thing.
That should hopefully be possible. I hear the max units per semester is 14 (please tell me if im wrong) so 12 each semester plus a 3 credit point course throughtout the year equals 13.5 credit points per semester. Does that make sense?

(My posts always end in questions don't they?)

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by clairegirl
alot of you arts/psyche people are doing psy104 and phil 132 i wanted to as well but for psy 104 and phil 132...... dont u get lecture clashes?? for the thursday lecture at 11am?? just wondering if u guys willin for dis to happen??
I changed my mind about the clashing lecture and now instead of PHIL 132 I'm doing ENG 120, it was a toss up anyway between the two in the first place.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ...
dun do ACST 101!!!

come and do math135 with me!!!

I can't goddamit!!! stoopid maths prac is on at the same time as psyc lecture....

what annoys me is that maths 135 in semester 2 doesnt even have a prac lesson. so i cant see why they have it in semester 1.

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Cyan_phoeniX
I can't goddamit!!! stoopid maths prac is on at the same time as psyc lecture....

what annoys me is that maths 135 in semester 2 doesnt even have a prac lesson. so i cant see why they have it in semester 1.
Pracs for MATH are useless anyway.

HSC
SEM 1:
PSY 104
STAT 170
PHIL 137
and then i dunno

maybe MKTG or ECON still confused bout it:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)