• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Ashes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
The Iceman said:
With Dizzy bowling like a daisy, I would have loved to have seen Shaun Tait being given some game time. Even in a Bangladesh game, or agaisnt the poms, I think he adds some extra flair and will scare batters. Everyone's seen Lee, and Tait is only new to english soils after a bad run with Durham.
I think he's the future and I think he deserves a crack, just to see what he can do.
Tait's too raw for Test cricket. There would be an obvious shock value entering him into the attack, but if he had to bowl on a docile day 2 or 3 wicket he'd be eaten alive. Very promising but Lee's a far superior bowler if we needed to play an express bowler in the lineup.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
Natwest challenge game 1.

Aussies to win by 36 runs.

MOTM: Ponting, for his hundred.

Expect to see Katich subbed into the batting line-up.
they lost by 9 wickets!

katich needs to be in the team, perhaps opening with hayden, and bring down to bat in the last ten overs. especially with these new rules you would expect the more aggresive batsman to bat during the powerplays but that didnt happen ponting and martyn came in during bad move, put symonds and ponting during the fielding restrictions pump the run rate and then bring in marytn so on.

the pwerplays are shit anyway dont do much. the supersub is awesome.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Yes i agree the powerplay is just a load of crap invented by the icc as a fad to get people through the gates - i hope it gets revoked, though im still all for the substitutions.
Gee the poms like chasing dont they? I think ricky should win the toss and bowl first on sunday. Clearly Ponting hasnt picked up his form yet - but it should only be a matter of time. As soon as he gets runs the middle order instability should disappear quicker than you can say 'goughie's too old'.

Im kinda concerned about katich. He hasnt played any cricket for a long time and would be extremely lucky if he found his feet in the only first-class match before the ashes starts.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
well ricky lost the toss cant blame him and pitch was crazy i would to bat first on that one, did u see ball moved of the seam and swung heaps as well. but i think australia main concern would be bowling its quite bad at the moment and remember australia always bat very aggresively in ODIs so really they getting themselves out. Gilchrist was unlucky, clarke, pontinh haydens worst shots i have ever seen. didnt watchthe rest cosof the bombs.

but i stick with 4 - 1 ozzy way.

otay

HSC
HeCtic said:
Bit of a copout there. Both teams play on the same wicket, they made better use of the conditions than we did.
yeah true but they definetly had the better conditions as well. it was alot harder for our guys to bat than it was for theirs, and they got movement throughout their whole innings, but for us it seemed to stop after 20 eers once the cloud cover disappeared. This one can't complain too ahrd though, we were outplayed. Are we gonna drop gillespie yet or wat? I think bracken is hard doneby not to get selected for this tour

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well that wicket last night was tailor made for bracken. remember his 7-4 against south australia last season? similar conditions to yesterday.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
brakcken brings good change as well left arm pace, tait needs to have go! or at least katich!

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Give Kasper a go tonight. He needs a chance to stake a claim for the Ashes. Gillespie needs a breather.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Bookie said:
Gillespie dosn't need a breather, he deserves to be bloody sent back to the MRF Pace Foundation ;P

Gillespie's poor form has more to do with the english batsmen targeting him than Jasons bowling itself.

He hasn't any confidence because he hasn't had the results. He'll bounce back, excuse the pun.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
Gillespie's poor form has more to do with the english batsmen targeting him than Jasons bowling itself.

He hasn't any confidence because he hasn't had the results. He'll bounce back, excuse the pun.
Well don't they target him BECAUSE of his poor bowling? I mean, why dont they just 'target' McGrath? He's bowling shit as well as being targetted, and someone like Kasper should get the job. Which other pace bowlers on the ODI tour (havent really been following) - Tait, Bracks?

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
aussie have got to win their next 2 one days n this ashes coz their performance l8ly aint to their usual standards n i want mu real aussie boiz back it makes me sad seein them loose :'( so yeh dey have to win n they will coz i know they will n yeh so GO AUSSIE GO..

Bookie

Banned
HSC
tasha1188 said:
aussie have got to win their next 2 one days n this ashes coz their performance l8ly aint to their usual standards n i want mu real aussie boiz back it makes me sad seein them loose :'( so yeh dey have to win n they will coz i know they will n yeh so GO AUSSIE GO..
Do you a speak a Engles???

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
aussies r killing it atm over 6 runs per over...not that great when u want England to win :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)