The Ashes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
poms out for 407.... shows how important mcgrath is...hope hes fit for the 3rd test...
I heard he won't be back until the fourth, as the third starts next thursday- 2 days after this one finishes (if England can last a full 5 days this time)

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
Tender_Branson said:
I heard he won't be back until the fourth, as the third starts next thursday- 2 days after this one finishes (if England can last a full 5 days this time)
That'd be a case of unfortunate scheduling...

I mean, the gap between the first and second tests was huge.

If the first and second test were played as 'double-headers' (with a 2 day gap), and the third was 2 weeks after... then it would have suited Australia and McGrath a little more.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
poor mcgrath...my poor poor mrcgrath...i hope it gets better soon...coz aussie r goin crap without him :( srsly...the bowled em all out for 407...wit maggie in the team the poms wudve bn out for like 20o n smtg...:(

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Master Yoda said:
ur spelling got progressively condensed

'my poor poor mcgrath' haha

but yea i feel sorry 4 him........its certainly opened the doors 4 england

bit of a worrying sign for australian cricket though
haha my spellin is msn spelling...maybe i should write properly on this site coz people don't like msn spelling here...how rude :p...

Bookie

Banned
HSC
myb cz ths isnt msn, u dmb btch!

Anyway, what are you Australian fans whinging about? FFS, theyre gonna score like 500 in return, god damn theyre so predictable. Then England will get out for 150, and dependng on the timing of the Aus 1st innings, it will end up being washed up on the 5th day or a 10 wicket win to the Aussies.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
IT was a batting track, england would have still scored the same number of runs a little slower with mcgrath. They should have batted longer too quick and 400 may not be enough. Australia you could tell when they fielded first they are looking for that outright win and they can get if the 650 in two days! and then bowl on day four and five when pitch will/should favour bowlers!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
seriously mcgrath deserve to move up the order when he gets fit again.....

some pretty dumb plays there too...

HotShot

-_-
HSC
new look aussies batting lineup

Gillespie
Mcgrath
Ponting
Warne
Katich
Lee
Gilcrhist
Martyn
Langer
Hayden
Clarke?

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
That's it, 282 to get and 2 days and a bit to get it. I dont think Australia can just poke at it and slowly get there. Its either Australia wins comfortably or England just narrowly win.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Its going to be a good ending, 107 runs behind, 2 wickets in hand, and you've got Lee and Kaspa to come in, should be good first session.

They've still got the firepower to do it, they just need a bit of luck on their side.

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
I wouldn't mind it being 1-1 going to Old Trafford.

Then again, watching Australia get out of jail and chase that total down would also be pretty damn good. :D

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Before the test series Terry Jenner said: "Any batsman who gets out to Giles should hang themselves"

So that's Ponting, Clarke, Katich and Gilchrist for the noose now? No McGrath for the next one too?

cabanaboy21

HSC
Australias batting has been poor this whole season... i dont think that they can win this test... they need to drop a gear an not be so aggresive and try make more vital partnerships...

HSC
If the batsman are struggling what other options are there - namely, who can be dropped and brought into the side? The only change I would like to make is to give Tait a chance against the English batsman, but it would be hard to figure who to drop because all of the quick bowlers are so inconsistent.

I hope Macgill gets a game on tour, is Hussey apart of the touring party as well?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
hussey isnt in the party, brad hodge is, but the way he scored 30 odd runs off 100 something ballsagainst that county side doesnt exactly instill me with confidence

kaspa is prone to crack under pressure big time and i think he'll be dropped for macgill at old trafford. lotsa stupid shots played overnight... i dont think any of the batsman should be dropped tho, Hayden is probably the biggest worry right now but he wasnt the worst performer yesterday... he needs to regain some confidence

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
hussey isnt in the party, brad hodge is, but the way he scored 30 odd runs off 100 something ballsagainst that county side doesnt exactly instill me with confidence

kaspa is prone to crack under pressure big time and i think he'll be dropped for macgill at old trafford. lotsa stupid shots played overnight... i dont think any of the batsman should be dropped tho, Hayden is probably the biggest worry right now but he wasnt the worst performer yesterday... he needs to regain some confidence
Matthew Hayden v Zimbabwean/Bangladeshi XI

Problem solved. :rolleyes:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Easy, drop Hayden, he hasnt produced in a good two years, let him get some batting practice, he aint going to get it up there.

Move Katich and Langer up top, bring in Tait or Hussey as 5th or 6th.

Then you'd have a line that read

Katich
Langer
Ponting
Martyn
Hussey/Tait
Clarke
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Gillespie/Kasprowicz
McGrath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)