The Ashes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Stuart Clarke has to be in his mid 20's if not late 20's.

DT as in Dominic Thornely? He's due in next i would think.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Bookie said:
Cant wait to see the Proteas!

Anyway, how the hell did Stuart make it? How old is he?

DT should have been in the squad from day one, but nooooooo, apprently a thousand centuries and a hell of a lot of wickets doesn't warrant anything more than a Aus A selection.
Stuart made it because he's a proven wicket taker. You're naive if you think age has anything to do with performance.
DT isn't far off - but if Australia picks an all-rounder for a test match - he needs to be a wicket taker. That's why Symonds isn't in the squad, and he's better than DT.

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
DT? Thornely?? That is ridiculous. He will never play for Australia cause he just isnt good enough. Im surprised that good batsmen get out to him cause he has nothing, just rolls the arm over and maybe does a little bit with the ball but that's it. And as far as batting goes he is nowhere near the caliber of others like Symonds.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
LaCe said:
DT? Thornely?? That is ridiculous. He will never play for Australia cause he just isnt good enough. .
When the one-day squads are announced post world-cup don't be surprised to see his name in the mix. His game is suited to that format, and he's a class fieldsman - some have said the best in the world.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
You dont have to have the power of Symonds or the bowling of Flintoff to be a good all rounder. Look at guys like Tom Moody and Chris Harris who were good at a little bit of everything yet suceeded.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
copious said:
You dont have to have the power of Symonds or the bowling of Flintoff to be a good all rounder. Look at guys like Tom Moody and Chris Harris who were good at a little bit of everything yet suceeded.
Good old long Tom. I remember those massive blows of his in the '99 wc to get us into the super six. :D

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
Good old long Tom. I remember those massive blows of his in the '99 wc to get us into the super six. :D
lol yeah I remember, he was good. Funny thing is its been only 6 years on and hes coaching Sri Lanka, what a champ.

I think McGrath is playing, on 2ky sports radio he said he is highly likely to play. Damn that means McGill probaly wont get a run.

hopey989

HSC
copious said:
Definitly agreeing with you there! Harris and cairns were NZ's saving grace at the 99 WC, and what about watson? He should have been put in above clarke, had lee and mcgrath not been passed fit

But they did, and id love to see a five man bowlinglineup for tonight, mcgrath, lee, kaspa, mcgill and warne, what a sight!

And before you all rip in about no gillespie, his form just doesnt warrant selection at the moment

johnny_87

HSC
Ah hey hopey (you know me...).

Definitely right about Gillespie. 2 wickets in the 2 tests and 16 in his past 10. It's just not good enough.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
is mcgrath playin tonight?? coz if he is im the happiest gal on the planet

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Well Bell and Flintoff to make a last stand (tail ender have nothing). I think they'll get around 450 if they play the same way they have been playing however they could knock up a big score and bat for another 2/2and a half sessions getting close to 600 if they're lucky.

Bell was playing really well. He is a very energetic batsmen and that is a good way to bat. He showed a lot of promise, hopefully he gets a ton and then Australia can bat soon. Looks like this may be a good game after all!

Robbo_m8

Fair Crack of the whip - how on earth did Vaughan, Trescothik and Bell get good scores? They are three of the worst batters ever, besides Geriant Jones, who i hope gets a duck. Dissapointing the drop catches, and that no ball to get vaughan out - ahhhhhhh. Hopefully we can knock the tail over quickly then get a first innings lead.

But gillespie has to go. If he doesnt bowl extremely well in the second innings, australia has to drop him. We've carried him, hoping he'll hit form all tour. Hes not doing anything with the ball - he has no potency. Sorry Dizzy but u have got to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)