THE badminton thread!!!!! (1 Viewer)

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
yes people. This is THE badminton thread!!!!! okay, i sound kinda conceited, but seeing as there hasn't been any recent (or any) baddi (badminton) thread, i took the initiative to start one.

and, I noticed that the table-tennis thread only had 12 replies.... so i'm hoping that this one will last a bit longer.... hopefully.. ^^'

So. any badminton players out there? Anyone play the graceful, refined, skillful (no i'm not talking about ballet) art of badminton? Coz I do!

So, uh, yeah. Speak up if you love the sport or just play it once in a while.

i've played for about 3-4ish years, and played competitively for about 2-3 of those years... though, you could argue the definition of 'competitively', coz i'm a complete noob compared to some of my other 'competitive' friends... *sigh*

But, yeah. I play in newcastle, where no one has even heard of badminton, let alone played it before...

So, why do YOU like playing baddi? I like it coz of the social aspect (but i guess that comes with all sports), and coz it's played indoors (i got the nastiest sunburn from playing 6 years of tennis >_> ... nasty), and coz it's fun to play no matter how good (or bad) you are.

So, welcome to THE badminton thread!!!!! huzzah.

p.s. please, don't flame me if there's already a baddi thread, coz i seriously looked everywhere and couldn't find one. ^_^

cs01001

HSC
Yeah I do play it, I am gonna try out all those uber cool trick shots this Saturday!

It's a shame not many people play this sport :(

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
yeah. it's a damn, crying shame.

But, i so can't wait till i move to sydney, to the HUB of badminton, and away from this ghost city of non-badminton-players! Then it'll be badminton-night for me, EVERY night! Or whenever i can be bothered playing... But, it's been so long since i've played in a competition.... i'm itching to pwn up some people on the court.

kony

HSC
i used to play - got coached weekly for about 2 years.

it's fun just like any other ball sport.. you can run around and swing the racket.

and in badminton, it doesnt matter how hard you swing, and unlike tennis, the shuttlecock won't go out!! excellent stress relief you know.

but that being said, i did change to tennis. still like badminton though!

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
yes guys, badminton, used to play it, and when you are in the zone, it is a freaken good game.

tho, i must say, badminton needs to be so fit and flexible it is not funny, which partiallly explains why i don't play it much anymore.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
watatank said:
badminton is okay. squash is better though. :D
i suck so badly at squash! :( we booked a court in syd a couple of weeks ago (we were up there and had nothing to do)...i could barely hit the ball when he was bobbing down next to me a throwing it to me. fail.
my bf plays badminton & squash with some friends on occasions..i'll probably try badminton out next time they book a court

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
watatank said:
badminton is okay. squash is better though. :D
i've played squash before, and it was actually pretty fun (and tiring). But, i'm scared of that little blue projectile that rockets around the room (the ball). And that's also why i like badminton, coz when you get hit by the shuttle, it doesn't actually hurt! unless you get hit in the eye... >_>;

And we use squash rackets to train.... and it's pretty frikkin tiring after a while. But, you get used to it. It's really really good, though, coz after you use it, you can hit with your badminton racket with twice the strength than before. It's madz. :)

Arghh, though. i haven't been playing in a while (stupid hsc), so i'm itching to get back into it. please just let the hsc be over *grovels on the floor*

HSC
ssejamafone said:
i've played squash before, and it was actually pretty fun (and tiring). But, i'm scared of that little blue projectile that rockets around the room (the ball). And that's also why i like badminton, coz when you get hit by the shuttle, it doesn't actually hurt! unless you get hit in the eye... >_>;

And we use squash rackets to train.... and it's pretty frikkin tiring after a while. But, you get used to it. It's really really good, though, coz after you use it, you can hit with your badminton racket with twice the strength than before. It's madz. :)

Arghh, though. i haven't been playing in a while (stupid hsc), so i'm itching to get back into it. please just let the hsc be over *grovels on the floor*
aren't squash balls black?

yeah see in squash i love smashing the ball and making it go as fast as i can possibly make it go, as well as smashing it against the walls. :p. and you don't have to worry about topspin and all that like in tennis. fucken tiring though.

but badminton, you can't make a shuttlecock go quite as fast. or at least i can't. :/
it's always fun to try and pull off those heaps deft drop shots though.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
alby said:
you should join the badminton club at uni..they play 3 or so times a week. $4 for 3hrs..pretty sweet imo
4 bucks only??? niiiiice. what uni is that?

when i go to uni, i'm definitely joining the club.

faceface

HSC
i've never played it properly, but we used to play it in sport science at school, and man, it was the best fun. for some reason our class got really into it, and started this weird thing of .. grunting etc, like tennis players... it was a little odd. but so much fun. and then we heard this song on triple j - 'the greatest game' by the bank holiday's - you should look it up! :)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
ssejamafone said:
4 bucks only??? niiiiice. what uni is that?

when i go to uni, i'm definitely joining the club.
that's at uow

i'm guessing its the same at most other unis, but at uow you dont have to be a uni student/staff to join the gym/clubs...it's the same price for everyone (maybe due to vsu? not sure)

ZJ NingNing

HSC
hahaha!!! This thread has officially got 13 replies and beat the table-tennis thread now that I have posted!!!

wow, you were definitely huge on batminton back then, what happened? :jaw: nah, people grow out of things.

I love batminton too Ping, but you know my skills, they are a bit... yeah. but I am so looking forward to Uni and playing baddi every weekend!!! it would be SO kool!

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
omg, Ning. ^^ way to bump this thread, lol. I had forgotten all about it. :eek: Yeah, i was a bit 'off' baddi for a while, but now i'm in uni and can probably play regularly maybe i'll get my old spark back. usyd anyone? =D

Laney.118

HSC
Jess!!! =D It's elena hahaha =]
heard your in syd now =D yay! hahaha

oh umm Usyd is wed from 8-10 and sunda 2-5 =] 3 bux for members and 58bux for casual =] whaha i'm not in uni and i noe this stuff already XD lolz onli coz i go play a lot..tho not now seeing as hsc is getting closer but shall after hsc =D

yeh... =]

baddie rox!! =D and jess u shoulda tried out for u19 this year xP

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
zomg, all these people popping up all over bos. Elena! :p

Me, try out for the U19? naah. >_>""" I haven't played in yonks, so needless to say, i would pretty much die after one swing. xD

But, yeah, i'm staying in Sydney now, on campus, so it's a sweet five min walk to the uni.

And, i dunno, maybe i'm just a lazy bum but i'd rather stay home and study rather than go out and have to exercise. :eek: So, yeah, i haven't played baddi in a while, coz i've been too lazy. ^^""" But, to anyone out there, baddi is an awesome sport and you should all try it out some time. =D

oh and, g'luck Elena with your hsc! =)

Laney.118

HSC
hahaha sif not play u19 =P

ahh and get out and walk n lay baddie lolz stop studying =P xD

newaiz =] must disappear to study hahaha kinda stupid assignments -.-

baddie rules! yeahya haha comp tmr =]

ZJ NingNing

HSC
ssejamafone said:
zomg, all these people popping up all over bos. Elena! :p

Me, try out for the U19? naah. >_>""" I haven't played in yonks, so needless to say, i would pretty much die after one swing. xD

But, yeah, i'm staying in Sydney now, on campus, so it's a sweet five min walk to the uni.

And, i dunno, maybe i'm just a lazy bum but i'd rather stay home and study rather than go out and have to exercise. :eek: So, yeah, i haven't played baddi in a while, coz i've been too lazy. ^^""" But, to anyone out there, baddi is an awesome sport and you should all try it out some time. =D

oh and, g'luck Elena with your hsc! =)
I am so going to play badminton after my HSC, and I am going to DRAG you along. if you dont come I am going to strangle you!!!

BTW, I still taste chips and tomato sauce :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)