the bar?! (1 Viewer)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Yeah, and they we (Actuarials) get discriminated amongst ourselves... it's those that can speak and those that can't speak, and I don't mean English. :p

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by flyin'
Yeah, and they we (Actuarials) get discriminated amongst ourselves... it's those that can speak and those that can't speak, and I don't mean English. :p
lol that sort of distrimination is new to me,

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, count yourself lucky you haven't experienced that... I might have well gone to a non-English speaking uni :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Neh, I'm awfully slow. I use to be alot faster. I'm readin' soccer news, atm. More interestin' than posting.

And there was once someone much faster than me...

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Nah I wouldn't consider it too pricey Majesty...bout the same at most other unis. Apparently in WA cos of VSU they pay like nearly double.

$3 schooners aren't bad. Happy hour gets u $2 drinks or cheaper.

The music played by Friday night DJ's is horrid (commercial rnb and gangsta rap) But then again it is "RnB extreme night" LOL...Channel V is good.

Summerhaze should be awesome!

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
As for soccer news flyin' GO the Gunners! Arsenal on top! WOO HOO

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
As an Arsenal fan, I suggest you check out the Soccer threads in the Sports forum under Hobbies... :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
There's another two or three on this forum actually. And they're all from Australia :p

HSC
i heard theres like 4 pool tables and can get cramped
i gess first in first served

RIZAL

HSC
the bar is good if you are in first year (basically only first yearers in there). Drinks aren't really that cheap, about the same as what you'd get at 'the ranch' RSL....but they are A LOT cheaper than in the city.

the video games suck (circa 1989) and the pool tables are crooked but on the whole, fun is had by all.

If you are straight, stay away from the bar on thursday arvos (i think) which is 'Queers in the Bar' time.

Thursday nights are good if you know people, but would absolutely suck if you didn't. Basically half of the people there would be from a college and college people are usually pretty tribalistic in nature. IMO thursday night music is crap and is usually backed up by a cruddy DJ. The ranch up the road has better DJs and better entertainment (breakers, capoeira, bongos, hiphop dance etc). DJ nino brown of RnB Superclub fame DJ's there once every two weeks.

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by iambored
why are there only first yearers in the bar?
Mostly first years, cos they're n00bs and wont leave the endless hours wasted at the bar until they fail something and realise, just maybe that they should go to lectures and do their work if they ever hope of getting out of university. :D

Just a thought ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It's so funny when you see Actuarials studyin' at the Bar. :p

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Majesty
Mostly first years, cos they're n00bs and wont leave the endless hours wasted at the bar until they fail something and realise, just maybe that they should go to lectures and do their work if they ever hope of getting out of university. :D

Just a thought ...
Hey let's not forget the arts/creative arts students there...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)