The benefits of purchasing a HANS device (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I've decided that I'm going to buy a HANS device to protect against basilar skull fractures. i really don't see the downside. apart from looking like a n00b.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
i want to touch your fanny

no all the time. i mean, the chances of being in a car accident where lethal forces will be placed on your neck are pretty damn high. same goes with smacking your head on the steering wheel. hans device all but eliminates these incidents. i travel within zones that have a pretty high rate of car-car accidents, eg: intersections. I'm a pretty aware driver and always actually scan left and right before i traverse an intersection and always keep my eye out for people who might merge into me causing me to swerve. but all that can't help a big fat surprise that might creep up on me one day. why not just be safe about it eh?

only problem is that the hans device looks to be suited for dual shoulder restraints. i figure that it should still work with the single sash for the purposes of on road driving eh?

i'd just leave it in my car. doesn't take long to put it on and off, that's the way they were developed. no-one is gonna steal this $1500+ device either, because chances are that they won't know what it is.

:)

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
i travel within zones that have a pretty high rate of car-car accidents, eg: intersections. I'm a pretty aware driver and always actually scan left and right before i traverse an intersection and always keep my eye out for people who might merge into me causing me to swerve.
i wonder how much u can turn your head in one of those. would it be safe to drive in one on the street? oh and id wear a balaclava or something as well so no one can see your face cos you're gonna look really dumb.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
i'd be wearing a helmet so the chances of people actually seeing my face will be pretty small, you nong.

they have sliding straps (they go around the headrest thing at the back in a continuous line) so you can tilt your head about 40 degrees in both directions i think, from memory. they're good enough for race car drivers to scan and my head's a little less active in terms of movement when i'm driving.

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
wtf? a helmet on a public road? and 40 degrees isnt good enough. shame if u have to turn a corner at an intersection - i mean i like to see traffic before i pull out in front of it. whats wrong with u?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Yes a helmet. Do you actually know what a HANS device is?

as for pulling into an intersection, very rarely do I have to turn my head beyond 30 or so degrees. i look ahead instead of pulling into the middle of an intersection and then twitching my head 90 degrees.

stupid cunt. back to tamworth with you dero

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
sorry i assumed u wouldn't be stupid enough to wear a helmet on the road. do what u like mate

walkahz

HSC
Seriously harden the fuck up! unless you are on a racetrack there is no point.
Im not even sure if it is legal to wear a helmet on the road. To get a helmet suitable for a hans you are looking at $500 plus the "posts" to connect to the hans which are at least $200

If you decide to be a tool and if it is legal to wear a helmet i would think that a leat(spelling) brace would be more suitable as it stops sideways overextension as well. it will be a lot cheaper too as you can get these for like $700.

StuntManonFire

Urban Myth
HSC
Haha, I guess if you are that worried about your safety, cool.

Maybe a little extream but whatever floats your boat.

wagga

HSC
You can't wear a helmet if your car has airbags, because when it deploys the added weight of the helmet will probably break your neck, HANS device or no HANS device. Hence no racing cars have airbags.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
oi have u ever thought about making a car out of Nerf? the stuff they make them soft squishy footballs with?
thats an idea for u there, have a accident an u bounce right off the cars!! thus eliminating the need for HANS device....

lol stupid fucker

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
So are you gonna wear a fire suit and 5 point safety harness with the HANS & Helmet? haha lol, ur such a tool

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)