The Best Chemistry Option? (1 Viewer)

mioumiou

HSC
Which option topic is the best and the most common topic that students do in their HSC?

- Industrial Chemistry
- Shipwrecks, Corrosion and Conservations
- Biochemistry
- Forensic Chemistry
- The Chemistry of Art

Well, I think our school might do the Shipwrecks for our HSC option topics, I heard that it's very hard :confused:

Last edited:

NewiJapper

HSC
We are doing Shipwrecks and I've heard it isn't THAT hard. Previous years at our school haven't had much trouble with it.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
We did shipwrecks last year, it was really good, not too difficult and quite a bit of content relates back to the cores, especially the first one.

Industrial chem is also a pretty decent option choice.

Lauchlan

HSC
Which option topic is the best and the most common topic that students do in their HSC?

- Industrial Chemistry
- Shipwrecks, Corrosion and Conservations
- Biochemistry
- Forensic Chemistry

Well, I think our school might do the Shipwrecks for our HSC option topics, I heard that it's very hard :confused:
You forgot one of the options. Its called "the Chemistry of Art", but i can see why you forgot because it is rarely chosen across the state.

ibbi00

HSC
Shipwreck for my school.
In 2008, approximately 10 160 candidates attempted the Chemistry examination. The most popular
options were Industrial chemistry (44.1%), Shipwrecks, Corrosion and Conservation (37.4%) and
Forensic Chemistry (13.8%).

mioumiou

HSC
You forgot one of the options. Its called "the Chemistry of Art", but i can see why you forgot because it is rarely chosen across the state.
I've fixed it!! :)

We are doing Shipwrecks and I've heard it isn't THAT hard. Previous years at our school haven't had much trouble with it.
We did shipwrecks last year, it was really good, not too difficult and quite a bit of content relates back to the cores, especially the first one.

Industrial chem is also a pretty decent option choice.
industrial is the most popular option
Shipwreck for my school.
Thanks for all the lovely replies! :)

Tastegud

HSC
None of it's really hard...

- Industrial Chemistry - easiest option in my opinion. it follows on kind of with chem monitoring which makes it simpler.

- Shipwrecks, Corrosion and Conservations - heard about it that its fkn boring lol. based on redox and electrochem so yeah. sounds like turd.

- Biochemistry - Biology/PDHPE works well with it.

- Forensic Chemistry - heard this is shitboring lol.

- The Chemistry of Art - good with physics. helps with the start of uni chem but its not hard at uni whereas most who do it at highschool find it confusing. its a pretty crap choice tbh.

best bet is to go with industrial.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Also if you wanted to know, Industrial Chemistry is also the largest option, topic wise... although 2 of them are rather small.

That said, it is the longest but the easiest. Just extensions of everything you know.

kevda1st

HSC
my school did shipwrecks, its alright i guess

but imo if ur not doing physics chemistry of art really helps with stuff in uni

cantstopmybeat

HSC
None of it's really hard...

- Industrial Chemistry - easiest option in my opinion. it follows on kind of with chem monitoring which makes it simpler.

- Shipwrecks, Corrosion and Conservations - heard about it that its fkn boring lol. based on redox and electrochem so yeah. sounds like turd.

- Biochemistry - Biology/PDHPE works well with it.

- Forensic Chemistry - heard this is shitboring lol.

- The Chemistry of Art - good with physics. helps with the start of uni chem but its not hard at uni whereas most who do it at highschool find it confusing. its a pretty crap choice tbh.

best bet is to go with industrial.

crap. our class gets to vote and its sounding like forensic chem. is it really that boring? anybody else done it?

noodlenoodle

HSC
My school's doing industrial chem. We (students) didn't really have a say, it's just that our school's been doing industrial chem every year and we have all the equipment and whatnot for the pracs. Oh wellllll. Forensic chem looks interesting, though =[

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)