The best idea for your D&T major! (1 Viewer)

J'harpin'D

HSC
START IT EARLY!!!!!!!!
DON'T LEAVE IT TO THE LAST MINUTE!!!!!
Work hard on your folio and think of a project that helps the community not just your family
also HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!

i chose to make a table and chairs how innovative hey? all it does is cause pain :cold:

wendus

krawr.
HSC
ugh
yeah defs start early and work consistently. i am shitted big time.

HSC
dont go into the course with an idea in your head because it will stop you from exploring different ideas and may stop you from being more innovative and or come up with a better idea

go to MDP beaky help first ( i found this very helpful)

make your headings for everything first

understand what each heading means before you attempt it and try and get different notes on how sections can be done

do it in order

actually follow your time management (time plan and action plan ect)

NEVER STOP WRITING IN YOUR JOURNAL

justify!
evaluate EVERYTHING YOU DO !!!

there is teacher at my school that was an HSC marker and she said that the markers like when you point out the problems and what it is why it happened and how you would fix it next time

make it easy to read, the markers dont have time to go through your portfolio properly so have a symbol which identifies where you have evaluated, have dividers ect ect

and start early and no one can express this to much, seriously the summer holidays do your first section complete it! never stop lol

constantly ask your teacher if you have done it right, get them to mark each section

get the marking guidlines and just cut out the high band row and stick it up and only follow that therefor your standards are high

haha the end

Cob-was-here

HSC
Best advice I can give to future students is that in relation to Design and Tech, Murphy's Law ALWAYS applies. If something can go wrong, it will go wrong.

From my experience, I now think that the project should be planned so that it is done a term early because I can guarantee that things have a 90% chance of going awry and subsequently, the time management will stuff up and nothing ever happens on time. I started my project in February and was still working on it the night before (and the folio was a third completed at that stage). Things so unexpected can happen. I was set back about 3 months because an error was made (not on my behalf), but then again, if that error was never made, my project would never have gone ahead (long story). Also, be prepared for the worst. At one stage, a major part of my project was stolen and was difficult to source a replacement.

So learn from our mistakes and don't leave everything to the last minute. Most people underestimate the work involved in DT, but don't let that deter you because it is an AWESOME subject and a lot of fun.

belizabeth

HSC
i made a baby nusury
cot and change table
the cot is sleigh design and the change table is custom
two weeks before it was due three year 8 students walked into the room when i wasnt there and smased my cot with a metal rod
it was completly finished at the time so i spent them two weeks every day and all my money fixing it THE KIDS HAVE NOT PAYED A CENT :(
MAKE SURE YOUR SCHOOL LOCKS UP YOUR PROJECTS ITS VERY IMPORTANT.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Shortie08

HSC
I definately agree with Cob.

And Guess what?! Two days before my major work was due, I ironed it yet someone had altered my settings and i burnt a whole in my garment! I used silk as my material and it ate the hem line. Luckily it was easy to fix.. but still.

We actually have the "Murphy's Law" hanging in the Textiles Room. How coincidental?! Or not..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)